Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 5

Yes i know i took extremely long with this chapter but i have my reasons. i would have started it sooner but i needed some time to fangirl about Iron Man 3. priorities people, priorities.

Anyway, i'm not sure whether this chapter is long or short. i just kept typing. 

The pic is of Mary Alice. thought i'd give a picture to the name. :D

The video link is the new video they made for the 'Cups' song that Anna Kendrick performed on Pitch Perfect :D that song just makes me so happy :)

ENJOOOOOOOOY!!

comment, like, vote, promote...do what you can :D

~Evelyn~

I moved from the kitchen out to the living room. I witnessed that little exchange between Landon and Travis in the hallway. It was somewhat understandable given the state of both of them. Landon had begun drinking long before Travis arrived and that was quite a while ago since he arrived before I did. Travis didn’t even know that I was coming till he saw me making my escape from the kitchen.

I tripped over a few stray cups and collided face first with Wyatt, our school’s douchebag. I looked up at him and saw him smirk down at me. “And what have we got here?” he trailed his fingers down my cheek and I cringed in disgust. “You’re pretty. How about the two of us go upstairs, have a bit of fun?”

“No.” I pulled away from him. “I’ve got places to be.”

“Leaving already? I gave a slow nod. “Oh well, maybe I’ll see you around.”

As he left I shook visibly. Everything about that guy just rubbed me the wrong way. The lights were dimmed and I could barely see anything. Heaven alone knew where exactly I was headed. All I wanted to do was find the front door and find a cab so that I could go home. Seeing my brother pressed up against a wall and being just mere seconds away from being ravished from the Adonis that was Landon Baxter and of course Mary Alice was practically marking her territory by shoving her entire tongue down Adrian’s throat. I had to leave the room just so that I wouldn’t throw up everywhere.

Of course, that was precisely the moment that fate decided to play around with me by putting me a few feet away from the same couple that had me fleeing in the first place. Mary Alice was almost on top of Adrian and making the most horrid sounds while he was trying his best to work his way up her shirt without looking like a pervert. Sometimes I felt sorry for him.

Most times I just felt envious of the two. I mean, Adrian was one of the sweetest guys I knew and he just had to be dating that vermin. I wanted it to be me, I wanted him to hold me that way. Why did it have to be her?

My face paled when I noticed that I had been caught staring. My cheeks flushed and I tried to looks for words but found none. “What do you want, loser? Can’t you see that we’re busy?”

My attention turned to Mary Alice. What was I supposed to say to that? Right now, the only thing I could have been labeled as was a peeping tom.

“I’m sorry, I was just about to see myself out.” I made my way outside and heard a few disgruntled sounds as I pushed past the other people. I vaguely heard my name being called but I paid no mind to it.

“Evelyn!” I turned around as the voice was now close.

“Adrian, I didn’t mean for you to follow me. You can go back to whatever you were doing.” I pointed back to the house with my thumb.

“No, I’m sorry that you had to see me in that position.” He scratched at his neck. “I’m not usually one for public displays of affection, but she insisted.”