Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 27

New Chapter! Chapter 27!

Note: The first part of the chapter is around the end of January. The second part end of February/Mid-March

Thank you for reading guys. I love you all!!

The pic is of Adrian (It's been too long)

The video link is 'The Reason' by Hoobastank

ENJOOOOOOOY!

comment, vote, like, etc

~Landon~

I came home to find Claire glaring at me. I raised my eyebrows and gave her a challenging look. I wondered if she was going to say anything about what had happened at school. I knew that she either saw or heard the story already, judging by the looks she was throwing at me.

When she said nothing I shrugged and walked up the stairs to my room. I opened the door to my bedroom and left it open. I sat on the bed looking at the door. 

I smirked when Claire came in a few minutes later. She sat on a singe sofa that I used for gaming that was conveniently place at the foot of my bed, my TV was right opposite the of it too.

“A penny for your thoughts, sister?” I asked.

“I’m trying to make sense of the situation.” She gave me a confused look.

“It’s not that difficult to understand.” I said. “Dex was being inappropriate so I decided to put him in his place.”

“You punched him, Landon.” She stated.

“Yes, I did. Male or female, no one should be kissed without their permission. Even if it was only on the cheek.” I saw the crease in her brows go away.

“Did you know him?” She asked. “Well, enough for him to act that way.”

I then remembered that Claire had never met Dex. “Yes, he’s the son of one of dad’s business associates. He made a move on me a few months ago but I rejected him. We went out one but I explained to him that I was in love with someone else.” I said vaguely remembering the exact details.

“He promised not to come onto me again until I was sure and told me to call him when I had my mind made up.”

“You never called him?”

“No. That was why I was angry. I just got things sort of on the right track with Travis today and he could have ruined it.”

“So Travis didn’t see?” She asked. “It was after school. Everyone was outside then.”

“I hope not.” I said with a bit of worry in my tone. “After what happened a few weeks ago, it would crush him if he saw.”

“What happened a few weeks ago?” She asked, extremely interested in hearing my answer.

“Travis- he, uh, well he said that he loves me.” I furrowed my brows and stammered as I said this.

“What? And you guys are still not together. I thought he kicked you out when you came home looking like a wounded puppy.” I gave her a look of slight hurt. “You don’t have a very good track record, Landon. No offence.”

“None bloody taken.” I ground out. “I tried to tell him but Brock called.”

“It’s always Brock.” she sighed.

“That’s what I thought too until today.” She gave me a questioning glance so I continued. “He told me today-  just before the issue with Dex- that Brock called because he wanted to get some flower arrangements for his mother’s funeral. Of course, I felt like an idiot afterwards. I jumped to conclusions and lost my chance.”