Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 11

Okay here's Chapter 11.

I am terribly sorry for taking so long. Reasons below, int he Author's Note.

The pic is of Evelyn

The video link is 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen.

ENJOOOOOOOY!!

comment, vote, like, etc :D

 ~Travis~

I sighed as I closed my geometry books. Even though I looked the part of a focused student and my grades didn’t fall, my mind remained elsewhere. After we came home from the cabin last week, anyone could swear that it was like Landon and I had a fight instead of him and Adrian. I thought it was completely ridiculous for Adrian to accuse Landon of having a ‘hard on’ for Evelyn. He made it clear in more ways than one that he was dating me and leaned towards the gay side of bisexual.

I pulled out my phone and called him but instead of him picking up, I got his voicemail.

“Hey, this is Landon. You know what to do.”

“Landon, where are you? Why haven’t I heard anything from you? It’s been three days. Call me.” I hung up and slammed the phone on the table. I had enough of his shit.

I didn’t know what he was doing or who he was with, I didn’t really care as long as it wasn’t anything stupid, but he was ignoring me. How was I supposed to feel? He was being extremely selfish. I couldn’t help but wonder what on earth could be so important that he’d forget about me.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down. It wouldn’t help for me to get mad right now. I just had so much on my plate right now that it was hard to get a firm handle on anything.

The sound of my phone ringing shocked me out of my thoughts. I stared at the item as if it were some alien device. I shook my head and grabbed for the phone after spotting the caller ID.

Landon

“Wow, look who’s still alive.” I spat into the phone.

“Come on, Travis. I was busy.” He sounded like he’s already given up.

“Yea, too busy to tell me that I wouldn’t hear a word from you for three days.”

“I want to see you.” He said suddenly.

“Nothing’s stopping you.”

“I can’t come over right now. Could you meet me over by the bookstore?” it didn’t seem like he had his all in the phone call.

“Sure.” I wasn’t completely okay with going to meet him but things needed to be sorted out. “Give me thirty minutes.”

Thirty minutes later found me a few feet away from the bookstore. I saw Landon talking frantically into his phone.

“Not now, I’ll call you. Crap, he’s here. I don’t care. We’ll sort this out. I’ll kill you if this plan doesn’t work.” I raised an eyebrow at him and he gave me a sheepish smile before he hung up and pocketed his phone.

“Thanks for coming.”

“You make it sound so formal.” We moved over to an empty street bench. “What did you want us to meet for?”

“I just wanted to see you.” He shrugged.

“You know where I live.” We stared at each other for what seems like hours. Now seemed like the best time to speak my mind. As my grandmother- God rest her soul- always used to say; ‘there’s no time like the present, son. Say what you must now before you get in too deep’. “Landon, we’re together right?”