Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 8

Don't hate me please. I've been holding this off for as long as i could. Sorry, I was going through a few things.

Chapter 8 is finally here. Thanks for waiting

The pic is of Evelyn :)

The video link is 'What About Love' by Austin Mahone because i like him. :D

ENOOOOOOOOY!!

comment, like, vote, promote, etc

~Evelyn~

It started out as little things, things that I would ignore because I would be considered a baby if I were to complain about it. It was better that way; no one had to worry about me and I didn’t have to worry about annoying the shit out of others. I could just imagine what Adrian would say to all this. Something along the lines of, ‘Why didn’t you tell me? How long has this been going on? I’ll walk you to all your classes.’ I wouldn’t have been able to handle that. It would seem that I constantly needed to be protected. I would be made a fool out of, a joke. It would be excruciatingly humiliating.

I grimaced as I was pushed to the side and out of the way from the kids passing by me. It wasn’t that I was in the way or anything, to them I was the black sheep; someone who was never supposed to be here. I couldn’t believe how one thing could make them change their entire opinion of me. I was never anything special but I wasn’t being called a slut either.

It hurt me in ways that I could barely explain. It wasn’t a physical pain of course but the thought that I would be demoted to such a vulgar term when I did nothing wrong hurt a lot more emotionally than it should have. I didn’t explain myself to anybody, I didn’t see the need to and that just seemed to make the situation all the more worse.

I let out a deep sigh of relief when I reached my locker unscathed, mostly. As I was turning the dial for my combination, I felt a pair of arm wrap around my waist. I smiled as a kiss was placed on my cheek.

"You're usually at your locker long before this. What took you so long?"

"Nothing. I had to ask the teacher something about yesterday's homework." I bit my lip as I tried my best not to meet Adrian's eyes. "Took a bit longer than I thought."

"It's okay. I was thinking that we could go watch a movie tonight."

"I'm not sure. I mean, I heard that there were two awesome movies that came out yesterday. There'll be quite a few people from our school there."

"You're not afraid of crowds, are you?" He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"No!" I replied quickly. "Not everyone here is accepting of our relationship." 

"They haven't been harassing you, have they?" He cupped my face in his hands. 

"O-of course not. I just prefer to go out with you to places where we won't run into them." My eyes wondered to a guy who was glaring at me behind Adrian's back.

"Ev', it won't be that bad. You don't have to talk to them. You'll be with me and we'll have fun alright?"

He smiled and I found myself nodding in agreement. "Great, I'll pick you up tonight at six."

He leaned down and gave me a wick peck on the lips before walking off to his last class of the day. I sighed as I turned around and put my books away. I couldn't believe that I fell for that again. It seemed that whenever Adrian smiled or did that insanely cute pout of his, I agreed to whatever idea popped into his mind at the time. The only thing I hoped was that tonight wouldn't be bad. Adrian would be hurt if he found out that I didn't want him to stand up for me. I shut my locker and accepted my impending doom of three more classes and all around glares from everyone around me.