Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 20

Yes, after a long time, here is the next chapter. 
Introducing Chapter 20!
I'm not sure how many chapters are left for this story.
The Pic is of Travis
The Video link is 'Hey Brother' by Avicii 

ENJOOOOOOY!
Comment, vote, like, etc

~Landon~

"He doesn't want to see you, Landon." Evelyn said putting her hand on my chest to stop me from walking further.

"I know but I need to see him." I begged. "Please, I'll even look from the window."

"He'd kill you if he knew we were talking right now." She let go of me and glanced in the direction of Travis' room.

"I am well aware of that. I just wat him to know that I'm sorry." I took a deep breath. "I just never got to tell him. I'll never forgive myself if I go through life knowing that I didn't at least try to tell him."

"Tell him what?" She asked.

I looked from the blank white wall to Evelyn. "That I love him."

"I'm sure he knows."

"Even if he does, he never heard it from me so it doesn't count." I ran my fingers through my hair. "He needs to hear it from my mouth. I know him well enough. He hates me now and that's because I'm a complete fuck up."

"Landon." Evelyn whispered.

"Don't try to deny it." I shook my head at her. "Whether it's to make me feel better or whatever. I'm sick and tired of people feeling sorry for me. I don't even understand how you of all people could stand here and talk to me after everything I put you through."

"You didn't do it. I made a mistake." Her voice trembled.

"I made you think that I did." I said raising my voice a little. "You should be hating me more than anyone else."

"But I don." She said firmly. "Listen, we've all been through a lot of shit this year and somehow we got over it. Things happened, people got hurt, but it's all in the past now. Don't beat yourself up over it, Landon."

"You're something else." He chuckled.

"Hey, I've been called worse." She shrugged.

i leaned against the wall and sagged a bit. The hospital was rather quiet. No one around holding up conversations, no patients in dire need of help ad no one running up and down. All around the waiting room there were posters pinned up; self-help, first-aid and whatnot- but I couldn't focus on them. I knew they were there but my vision was blurred. Nothing seemed clear anymore.

I looked down at my hands and saw that hey too were blurry. I felt a drop land on my hand and rubbed it between my fingers. Tears, I was crying.

I heard Evelyn shuffle closer to me. "Landon, are you okay?"

"I-I don't know." I laughed as more tears poured out of my eyes.

"Evelyn?" A nurse said popping her head in by the door. "Your brother's asking for you."

"I'll be right there." Evelyn acknowledged. "I'm going to go. Will you be fine on your own?"

"I'm going to go home, I think." I said standing up straighter. "I've been here long enough."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded. "He doesn't want to see me. Call me where he falls asleep."

I turned around, not waiting for her to answer. There was no point anyway. I knew that I would be the first person she'd call.