Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 24

Late, but uploaded. Sorry again about that. 
Chapter 24 folks!
It's not as long as I wanted it to be but I've been battling with myself for a week over this chapter.
I hope you like it though.
The pic is of Travis.
The video link is 'Let it go' from the Frozen soundtrack. (I like Demi Lovato's version as well, but I heard Idina Mezel's version first, so I like that one better.)

ENJOOOOOOY!!
Comment, like, vote, etc. :D

 ~Travis~

My eyes flew open and I noticed that I was surrounded by darkness. I looked around a bit and tried to make out something to tell me where I was. I felt something move beside me and I almost jumped out of my skin. I frowned and leaned closer to the figure. Brock. I let out a sigh and moved away from him.

I got off the bed and searched around for my pants. I found it lying near the door. I hurriedly pulled it on and in the process stubbed my toes against the dresser. I bit my lip in both pain and fear and stilled my motions. Brock did not stir in the bed.

I silently cursed when I couldn’t find my t-shirt. I snapped my fingers when I remembered that it was still in the lounge. That sound Brock did hear. I paused and stayed near the door. I waited for him to say something. It was a pity, being caught in the act of sneaking out.

“You’re just going to leave then?” I took a deep breath and the tone of his voice. He sounded defeated, lost, like someone who was angry in the calmest way.

“I can’t stay here, Brock.” I put my hand on the door handle. “What happened...” I trailed off.

“So I guess that was all for nothing then?” He asked. His voice was so soft but it sounded extremely loud in the darkness.

I could barely make out his features. I assumed that the expression on his face was not that of a happy person. I turned away and faced the back of the door. How could I possibly say out loud that I thought what we did was a mistake? That I regretted it. I didn’t want to make things any worse than it already was.

I shook my head and pulled the door open. I couldn’t bear to look at Brock. I knew the light of the hallway would illuminate his face. I’d hurt so many people lately. This was the second time for Brock. If I could have gone back I would have done this differently. But I couldn’t and the only thing I could do was own up to my mistakes and try to move past this.

When I got outside I pulled my phone out. I was only asleep for thirty minutes. If I caught a late bus now then I would still make it home in time. I walked down the street for a bit and sat under the nearest bus shed.

I leaned my head against the back and let out a deep breath. For someone who everyone thought to be smart, I did pretty stupid things. But seriously? Who jumped into bed with their ex just because they were having a bad time. The tea was enough, I should have stopped there.

Luck was on my side tonight. I saw the light of a bus in the distance and I stood up. The doors opened and the bus driver looked at me.

“Where are you headed, kid?” He asked. He was an older man. Almost fully grey in the hair, with a uniform that looked like it desperately needed to be replaced.

I gave him my location and he nodded for me to get on. I stood next to him and paid him my fare.

“You’re in luck, son. This is the last bus out of town.” He smiled at me. “Happy new year.”