Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 29

So after- what was it, three weeks, a new chapter. I'm sorry for the delay. As i said, I wasn't expecting to get so busy. I hope you guys can find it in your hearts to forgive me.

Anyway, CHAPTER 29. Please be warned, this is the second last chapter of the story. I'll try not to take too long with chapter 30, as to not lose the essence of 'it all'.

The picture is of Travis.

The video link is 'A New Day Has Come' by Celine Dion

ENJOOOOOOY!

Comment, like, vote, etc. :D

~Travis~

I took a deep breath and pushed the double doors open. If this were any other case I would think that this was some badass scene where the cool guy thinks throws the doors open and everyone is awed. Unfortunately this was not a cool guy scene and I wasn’t throwing any door open for sheer excitement. I walked up to a lady sitting behind a tall desk and tried to smile when she grinned at me.

“Hi, U uh, I’m here to see Charlie Dawn.” I stammered out.

“What’s your relation to the patient?” She asked looking down into a large book.

“I’m Travis Dawn, his son.” I said after I cleared my throat.

She slid the large book over to me and handed me a pen. “Your name, the date and time and your signature in that order.”

I shook my head before I fully processed what she had just said. I quickly did as she asked before sliding the book back over to her.

“One of out nurses will be out soon to take you through.” I nodded. “I have to stress that you do not over work the patient. Don’t get him too excited.”

I sat down in one of the waiting chairs and tapped my foot against the floor as I waited. It was barely five minutes later when a guy wearing light blue scrubs walked towards me.

He led me through a few more doors and down two hallways before I got to a room that the nurse said was my dad’s.

I smiled when I saw him lying in the bed propped up with a pillow behind his back. “Hi dad.”

I pulled up a chair and sat down in it. I didn’t know what to say. I had decided to come here on a whim. My palms were becoming sweaty and I had to rub my hands on the top of my jeans to take the moisture away.

“Uh, how have you been?” I asked then mentally slapped myself. “Sorry, I, sorry.”

“I’m graduating soon.” I said instead. “Less than a month to be exact.”

My dad glanced at me and if I wasn’t mistaken, I though I sensed a hint of proudness in his eyes.

“I also got accepted to Herbert’s.” I said. “Scholarship, actually. I guess I’m going to be a doctor after all.”

I grabbed his hand and squeezed before I relieved a bit of the pressure. My dad looked the way he would have hated; weak and incapable of doing anything.

I sighed in defeat and got up, letting of of my dad’s hand. I took slow but sure steps towards the door of his hospital room. i stopped when I hears a sound and furrowed my brows. I shook my head and continued to walk.

“Travis.” The voice was gruff, obvious that it hadn’t been used in a while.

I spun around and faced my dad. “Dad?”