Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 28

Late, but uploaded. Sorry, my head's still a bit fuzzy.

Thanks for your patience

Here we go! Chapter 28 peoples!

The pic is of Evelyn

The video link is 'From This Moment' by ShaniaTwain

ENJOOOOOOOY!

comment, like, vote, etc... :D

~Adrian~

I came out of the examination hall sighing in relief I didn’t know whether I should jump for joy or kiss the ground to know that I was still alive. I had just completed my last exam of my senior year and I didn’t know how else to feel except thankful. This year wasn’t easy and I was glad that I made it through okay.

I smiled at a few people that passed me in the hallway on my way to my locker. My smile never fully reached my eyes though. It was almost unfathomable how fast the time had gone. Just a few weeks ago I was wondering what the hell I would do if the exams came and I wasn’t completely prepared. There was no worrying about that now. It came and went and the only thing left to worry about was the results.

I saw Evelyn waiting for me at the door of the library. She had a look of worry, expectation and hope all at once on her face. When I reached her she raised her eyebrows in question. 

“It went well.’ I said. She smiled and leaned up on her toes to hug me.

“That’s good.” She frowned when she saw that I was barely responding. “Adrian, are you okay?”

“I’m just worried.” I shrugged.

“I’m sure you did okay.” She said reassuringly. “You have nothing to fear. You studied hard and you deserve to pass. I believe in you. Believe in yourself as well, okay?”

I nodded at her. Even if I said that I would pass, that I wouldn’t be a disappointment to myself, it didn’t make things easier. I had a lot riding on this and it was my senior year. This was all so fucked up. I knew where I wanted to go but the road was basically blocked. In this case, the results was what was calling the blockage. Graduation was a month away and I was not at all prepared.

Evelyn and I didn’t spend a lot of the afternoon together. Travis finished his final exam and told her that they needed to get home. I bid them both goodbye before going back to my own house.

I laid down on my bed, staring up at my ceiling. There was hardly anything I could do at this point. For the past few months I spent all the time studying and now I was, well to put it boldly, bored. 

I heard a knock on my bedroom door and looked towards the wooden barrier. The door opened and my dad’s head peeked around it. I sat up a bit on the bed.

“A letter came for you.” My dad was holding a thick A4-sized envelope. 

He came forward and handed me the envelope. I saw the university’s logo on the corner. My eyes widened and it felt as if the envelope kept getting heavier.

“i’ll leave you to it then.” My dad and turned to leave.

“Dad, wait.” I said stopping him. “I’d like you to stay. You know, for moral support.”

I didn’t want to say what I was really thinking. That I wanted my dad to stay because I needed ‘a shoulder to cry on’ if-when- things didn’t go well.

I opened the envelope and pulled out a letter. There were some other things in there as well but I didn’t take note of what they were. With a deep sigh I opened the letter. I read through it once, then again to make sure that I read correctly.