Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 16

Would you look at that! A week! One week! I think that's a step up from the usual two weeks to 500 years i take to upload a chapter.
I hope you guys enjoy this one. It's more of a continuation of the previous chatper. Cliffhangers, we all hate them...well, most of us.
The pic's of Brock. *Oohlala*
The video link is "In A World Like This' by Backstreet Boys 

ENJOOOOOOY!
Comment, vote, like, etc...

~Adrian~

“Don’t fucking tell me to calm down!” I yelled into my phone as I sped off down the street.

“Sir please, yelling will not help the situation. You need to calm down.” The operator said.

“If you so much as tell me to calm down one more time I swear I’ll-” I was cut off by Travis grabbing the phone.

“Sorry for my friend’s attitude. We’re really worried. Isn’t there anything you can do?” Travis spoke quickly.

I narrowed my eyes at him before averting my gaze back to the road. I sighed and frantically tapped my fingers against the steering wheel. I looked from one side of the street to the opposite side. The streets were mostly clear except for a few late night café’s and diners.

“I understand that but she hasn’t been missing for a day yet.” Travis was starting to sound desperate. It was understandable; anyone would feel that way in a situation like this. “She’s been in a traumatic incident not too long ago. What if it happens again? Could I then tell the police that you refused to look for here before it was too late?”

I raised my eyebrow at Travis. He was trying different kinds of tactics to get his way. “She didn’t bloody run away! Why would a former rape victim run away from home?”

“Travis, hang up.” I said reaching out for the phone.

“If there’s nothing you can do then my time feels wasted. I’ll find her myself.” He pursed his lips in a tight line. “I hope you sleep extremely well tonight operator.”

“Okay, so that didn’t work. What now?” I asked stopping the car in front of an old movie rental shop. “We’ve looked for hours, in every place that we possibly could.”

“I’m sure we didn’t look everywhere.” Travis shook his head. “I can’t lose her, Adrian. I promised I’d look after her and I keep fucking up. The worst brother of the year award should be thrown at my head.”

“You won’t lose her. We’ll find her.” I took a deep breath. I looked out the window to collect my thoughts. It was then that I saw movement on the other side of the alley near a dumpster. I was going to brush it off as a stray cat when I saw a figure reaching down to pick someone up.

I could honestly have sworn that I had never in my life reacted as quickly as I did in that moment. I all but threw the car door open ignoring Travis yelling at me and rushed towards the figures.

“Hey!”  I yelled. The guy looked at me but didn’t run. When I got to the people, Evelyn was the first person I saw. “Let go of her.”

“I’m not out to hurt her, Adrian.” I stopped and narrowed my eyes at him.

“Who are you?” I asked.

The guy stepped forward into the light and I gasped in surprise. “A former friend.”

“Like hell you are. Get away from her, Landon.” I rushed forward and took Evelyn out of his arms.

“As I said, I’m not here to hurt her.” Landon said softly.