Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 4

I know i took a hell of a long time with this chapter but i kind of got addicted to subway surf. :P

The pic though is of Evelyn Dawn :)

The video link is 'Magnetic Eyes' by Matrix and Futurebound 

ENJOOOOOOOOOOOY!!

Comment, like, vote, promote, etc

 ~Travis~

"Hey Travis! Your boyfriend's looking for you." A girl shouted from somewhere in the class.

 I looked up and saw Adrian standing at the door, leaning against the frame. He smiled and motioned for me to come over. I nodded at him and packed up my things. I turned to look at the girl. "He's not my boyfriend."

  "Whatever nerd. Run along before I get Wyatt and give you a reason to never return." She checked her nails.

  "You don't scare me." A few guys behind her stood up and stalked closer towards me.

  "You better watch it, nerd-face. Your bodyguards aren't always going to be around to protect to." I opened my mouth to reply but was interrupted by Adrian coming up behind me.

  "Beat it. You're done here." He grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the class.

  "Let go of me." I said pulling my arm out of Adrian's grip. "What's wrong with you?"

  "What's wrong with me?" He screeched in disbelief. "You were the one who went in search of a fight with Wyatt's minions. Have you lost your goddamn mind?"

 "I wasn't looking for trouble." I said sternly.

 "Yea, it just came walking right up to you." Adrian rolled his eyes.

  "What's it to you if I get beaten up? You're not responsible for me."

  "You’re my best friend, Travis. I promised you that I wouldn’t let those assholes win." He put a hand on my shoulder.

  "You're not my boyfriend, Adrian. I don't need you to be there waiting for me whenever something bad happens." I shook my head. "If I get caught in the crossfire, I don't expect you to come to my rescue."

  "What happened to walking away?"

  "You mean like this?" I took his hand off my shoulder and walked off down the hall.

  I knew that I was being immature but why did I have to admit it? I didn't want to be the damsel in distress. I just wanted some time to myself without being bullied, or praised for my smartness or even hit on by jackasses like Landon Baxter.

 I found myself sitting in a quiet corner of the library a few hours later. I had a book in my hand but I wasn't really taking anything in. All the words seemed to be flying past me. I could barely concentrate on anything.

 I heard the south of footsteps approaching and I scooted further up the aisle. I was flush against a book and I tried to remain quiet while the person passed by. Another reason why I was trying to stay hidden from everyone else was also because I was skipping my third class in a row.

 I knew that I should have gone back but what was the point? They could give me detente tomorrow. Right now, I didn't want to be around anyone.

 I heard my phone beep and I swore under my breath at my stupidity. How could I have forgotten to put my phone on silent?

  Wanna go for a swim?

-L

I stared at the phone in disbelief. Was this guy serious?