Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 9

As promised, two chapters in one night...here's chapter 9 guys. :D
The pic is of Travis :D
The video link is 'Up In The Air' by 30 Seconds To Mars.

ENJOOOOOOOY!!
comment, like, vote, promote, etc

~Travis~

 I blinked and made a sound down in my throat. I was currently in the middle of a staring contest with Evelyn. Her eyes were almost as cold as ice. It would have been colder if it wasn’t for that small hint of guilt. Either that or fear, I wasn’t sure which one it was yet.

“You haven’t answered my question yet.” I stated.

“You can’t force me.” she shrugged and averted her gaze.

“I know that.” I took a deep breath. “That’s why I was hoping that you’d tell me willingly.”

She chose to remain silent. “Evelyn, what’s happened recently that has you acting so differently?”

“Nothing.” Her lips were pursed together in a tight line.

“There’s obviously something you’re not telling me.” she looked like she was about to say something so I cut her off. “And don’t even think of throwing a rage fit like you did with Landon because it’s not going to work.”

“That asshole.” She hissed.

I ignored her name calling. “You’re never like this, Evelyn. What happened?”

“I-I can’t tell you.” I raised my eyebrows at her statement. “I’m sorry. It’s nothing bad, I’m not in trouble, but please.”

“I’m here to support you. Let me help.” I took her hand in mine. It reminded me of the times I would hold her hand when she got scared or sad. I missed those days.

“Travis, if I need anything, you’ll be the first I will call.” She said.

“I hope so.”

“I swear Scout’s honor.” She held up her hand and I laughed at that.

“I’m going to get dinner started. Go wake Mark up from his nap and see if Nick cleaned the room.” I moved towards the kitchen. “It won’t take too long. I’ll call you when the food is done.”

She nodded and walked out of the living room. I was moving around the kitchen and had most of the food ready. The lasagna was in the oven and it wouldn’t take too long. Hopefully it wouldn’t break like it did about a million times before.

I stepped into the living room. I guess Eleanor had wheeled dad in because he was sitting near the window. I moved closer to him and sat in the chair opposite him.

“Hey dad.” I said softly. I saw his eyes shift towards me. “I know I haven’t spoken to you in a while.”

I heard a grumble come from him. I took it as him affirming my confession. “I’ve met someone. He’s amazing, you have to meet him. Now that I think about it, I came out to you at the hospital. I still don’t know whether you accept it or not.”

His expression was blank. “I wish you could talk. At least things wouldn’t be so difficult then. Dad, please fight through this.”

There were tears pooling in my eyes. “Why did this have to happen to you? Dammit dad, I told you. I told you to stay at home. Mom… she didn’t want you or us anymore. She wanted out and you had to be your usual stubborn self and go after her. What in the hell made you stand frozen in the middle of a busy road? I wish I could have stopped you, I wish it didn’t have to be this way. I’m sorry dad, I’m so sorry.”