Chapter 1

🖤

Madelyn sang along the song blasting from her earphones as she packed the last few items of clothing into her suitcase. She was humming and singing happily, by the thought of what was waiting for her. Today, she was leaving her old life behind to go and study.
She just wanted to and go see the world, but with limited founds, she had to start in a small town, and Mystic Falls it then was.

She heard the car honk for her outside before she quickly scanned the room, checking if she remembered everything.

Most of her stuff was already shipped there a couple of weeks ago to the small apartment she had found online. It was pretty nerve-wracking choosing an apartment on the internet, but she didn't have much choice because of the long journey there.

Even though Madelyn had already lived by herself for years, she felt quite anxious about leaving to a whole new country to go and study.
She would be taking some high school classes even though she was already 21. The school system was much different, so she had to do it to attend college afterward.

🖤

The next afternoon, she finally reached Mystic Falls.

Her heart was pounding as she watched the city as the cab drove past the beautiful homes. A smile spread across her lips, thinking about how cozy it looked and how the children would be playing in all the front yards.

Madelyn looked up at the old building as the cab parked on the street. She thought it looked charming.

A heavy sigh escaped her lips after she had dragged all of her suitcases up the stairs leading to the house.
She locked herself in and found her way to her apartment.

She almost immediately felt at home, with her things scattered around the rooms. The place was simple, classic and just so charming. It was just as she had imagined.

After unpacking for hours, she decided that she needed a drink and maybe something to eat.
She remembered seeing a place on her way to the apartment, and it wasn't that far away.

She quickly dressed up and went off.
Her wavy hair was straightened and pulled into a tight ponytail.

It was about 9 in the evening, as she walked into the bar. The place made a good impression on her, and there weren't too many people in there.

She walked directly to the bar and ordered a vodka.

"I'm sorry, but I have to check your Id." The bartender apologized to her with a small smile.

"Seriously?" Madelyn said, annoyed, before she grabbed her purse and handed the driver's license to the blonde bartender. She was actually quite used to people thinking that she was younger.

"I'm sorry. I'll make you a drink right away." The bartender said, smiling apologetically, before passing the driver's license back to her. But before she could take it, the man next to her snatched it from the bartender.

"There's no way you're over 21." He said, looking briefly at her before his eyes fell down to look at the driver's license.

Madelyn was about to say something sassy, but her breath got caught in her throat as her eyes fell on his piercing blue eyes and sharp jawline.

He looked questioningly at her after reading her birth date.
"This has to be fake." He said in an annoyed tone before Madelyn snatched her license back from him, with a smirk.

She quickly reached into her purse and pulled out her passport before passing it to him, waiting for his answer with an amused look on her face.

He quickly scanned it with his eyes.