Chapter 24

🖤

Madelyn stared at Damon in shock, until the veins under his eyes disappeared.

"We need to find a cure." She said almost panicking.

"No. What you need, is to get out of here. I might not be able to control myself." Damon said, with a serious look.

"No. I'm not leaving you." She protested.

"We'll find Wes and find a cure." Enzo added.

"Go." Damon ordered. Panic was written all over her face as she was debating herself if she should listen to him or stay.

Madelyn shared a look with them both before she superspeeded out of the building.

🖤

Madelyn was halfway home, when she got a call.

"Damon?" She said questioningly as she picked up.

"Not exactly." Enzo said on the other end.

"What's going on? What happened?" She asked nervously.

"We might have sent you off, a bit too soon. The Travelers trapped us in a house." Enzo explained.

"Tell me where to find you. I'm on my way." She answered, turning around the car.

🖤

As she finally arrived, Enzo was gone and Damon was still trapped in the house.

"Damon?!" She called out, searching for him.

"Maddie, don't come in!" Damon yelled.

"Where's Enzo?" Madelyn asked confused, standing at the door.

"Wes picked him up." Damon answered.

- "Why?"

- "I don't know." Damon said sadly.

"How much time do we have, before you get out of here?" Madelyn asked.

"Not much. Get in your car, and get out of here." Damon ordered.

"Damon." She protested frustrated.

"You shouldn't have come back." Damon hissed, turning his back to her  walking in the other direction.

Madelyn saw her chance, charged at him and snapped his neck.

"I'm sorry, baby." She whispered as he slumped into her arms.

Madelyn sighed in relief, as she held him in her arms. She wasn't sure it would work. She had never done it before, and he was much older and stronger than her.

She dragged him to her car, and made her way back to Mystic Falls, before she called Stefan.

"Hey, Maddie. Where have you been?" Stefan asked as he picked up.

"It's a long story. I'm on my way back with Damon. I might need some help when I get back." She said.

"What happened?" Stefan asked confused.