Chapter 23

🖤

Madelyn spend the next day, helping Matt and Tyler, set up for a party. Actually, it was Matt's idea, but he had to work, so he asked her to help Tyler.

She almost couldn't wait for the party, and she couldn't wait to see Damon again. They hadn't really talked about them yet, even though she spend the night with him.

She was afraid of his decision, so she was trying to avoid talking to him about it.

But their whole friend group would be together again at the party, so either way, she would have some fun.

"So, are you and Damon back together?" Tyler asked as he and Madelyn carried booze inside.

Madelyn sighed a bit exhausted, not wanting to think about it.
"I don't know. He has this annoying habit of going back to Elena, so I'm trying to take things slow." She answered trying to sound unaffected.

"What about you and Caroline?" She asked a bit insecure.

"I hope I can convince her to give me another chance." He answered.

"Do you think she will?" Tyler asked Maddie.

"Uh. I don't know, Tyler. She was pretty heartbroken. You have a lot to make up for." Madelyn answered with a weak smile.

🖤

Day turned into night, and Madelyn quickly had to change and get ready, as people started to arrive. She felt slightly nervous because Elena would be there and things could get awkward.

Madelyn walked downstairs and found the house filled with people drinking and dancing.

"Hi, Stefan."She greeted him happily as she found him in the crowd.

"Great party, huh?" Stefan asked.

"I hope so. I spend the whole day setting up for it." Madelyn chuckled looking at all their guest having a great time.

"Have you seen Damon?" She asked hesitantly.

"Yeah. He's on his way." Stefan answered.

"So, how are you dealing with this whole vampire thing?" Stefan asked looking slightly concerned.

"Except for all the heartbeats around here, I'm good. I'll get used to it." She answered smiling, making Stefan chuckle.

"You're handling it well." Stefan said, before he took a sip of his beer.

"Thanks." Madelyn smiled happily at him.

"Aren't you two cozy." A familiar voice said behind them.

"Hey. There you are." Madelyn said happily, as she turned around to face Damon before he crashed his lips onto hers.

"You look good tonight." Damon whispered as their lips parted.

"Why don't we find something stronger." Damon said referring to Stefan's beer.

After a couple of drinks, Madelyn was slow-dancing with Damon.

"Let's head home." Damon whispered into her ear. His breath tickled her sensitive skin.