Chapter 18

🖤

They all decided on a funeral for Bonnie.

Madelyn sighed as she looked into the mirror, after changing into a black dress. She still couldn't believe that Bonnie was gone. She was the one thing that kept the group together.

"Hey. Are you ready?" Matt suddenly asked from the door, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Yeah." She smiled before she walked to the bed, where she had left her flower bracelet from the prom.

Bonnie was the one, who helped Damon pick it out. That was such a sweet gesture and she wanted to thank Bonnie for giving her one last perfect moment with Damon.

🖤

Damon, Elena, Caroline, Matt, and Madelyn walked through the woods until they found Jeremy by a stump of a tree.

They all watched in silence, as he placed a picture frame on top of it.
Madelyn stood next to Matt, with the tears rolling down her cheeks as he held her hand in his.

Caroline approached the stump and placed black and red cheerleading pom poms on top. Madelyn's heart sank, as she watched her sad expression. They had been friends forever and she had to be heartbroken about losing her childhood friend.

Matt was next. He placed his lifeguard whistle on the stump.

Madelyn was next and walked up to place the thing, that reminded her of Bonnie.

"Thank you, Bon." She whispered, with a shaky voice, as she looked at the flower bracelet one last time.

Elena slowly walked forward and scattered white feathers over the stump.

Madelyn looked over and shared a look with Damon.

Elena walked back, straight into Caroline's arms as Damon walked forward and placed Bonnie's grimoire on the stump.

Jeremy grabbed the bell that was sitting on the stump.

"We ring this bell in honor of Bonnie, in remembrance of her." He said before ringing the bell.

"I'm not sure what else to say." Jeremy said insecurely.

He looked to his right before he looked back at the group gathered in front of him.

"She says that she's not going anywhere, that she has been here all along. Bonnie has watched you have the summer of your life." He said.

"And I saw you happy, and I know you think now that you can't have a normal life.. that you have to be there for everyone, but you don't." Jeremy said, speaking for Bonnie.

"Everyone will find their way, so you are gonna repack your things, you're gonna go back to college, and you're gonna live it up." He said to Elena.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Matt. You know I would have sent you three hundred e-mails back if I could. I miss you." He said to Matt.

"Maddie." Jeremy said, making her heart jump.

"I know you've been through some tough months. But you're strong, and you'll get through it. You'll find your way, and you'll be happy again." Jeremy said, making a small smile spread across her face.