Chapter 10

🖤

"I have to go. Should I take you home?" Stefan asked Madelyn quietly.

"Yeah." She answered a bit confused by the whole thing.

She followed Stefan towards the door, as Elena suddenly turned around the corner.

"Going to see Damon?" Stefan asked coldly.

"I need to talk to him." Elena answered, almost demanding.

"Well, you can't.
He'll just ask you to let him out." Stefan explained.

"I won't let him out." Elena protested.

Madelyn stood behind Stefan, listening to their conversation, with a huge smirk on her face.

"You won't have a choice.
You're sired." Stefan continued to explain, leaving Elena speechless.

"That all?" Stefan asked impatiently.

"Stefan, what are you doing with Rebekah? She tried to kill me." Elena said frustrated.

"And this will be the second time that Damon tried to kill Jeremy.
So I guess nobody's perfect, right?" Stefan said coldly.

"Are you trying to punish me? I don't know how many times I can apologize." Elena said almost despairingly. Madelyn couldn't help but scoff.

"I never asked you to.
You can do whatever you want, Elena.
I really don't care." Stefan continued in the same cold and careless tone.

"You're hurt. You're hurt, and you're acting out, Stefan.
This isn't you." Elena said confused.

"Sure it is.
You've just never seen me like this.
You don't know what I look like when I'm not in love with you." Stefan said with a smirk, leaving Elena with a shocked expression on her face.

"I'll let Damon know you stopped by." Stefan said, waiting for her to leave.

🖤

Stefan drove Madelyn back to her apartment.

"Will you be fine on your own?" Stefan asked a bit concerned.

"Yeah, sure. I feel good." Madelyn nodded, smiling reassuringly.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked with an almost coy smile.

Stefan nodded in response before she leaned over and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you." She whispered smiling before she got out of the car and walked inside.

🖤

The next morning Madelyn went to the Boarding house and went straight to the basement, where she found Stefan and Klaus talking with Damon.

"He's still pissed at me for sleeping with Elena." Damon said smirking talking about Stefan.

"Are you sure about that? Because I caught him trying to sneak out of Rebekah's bed this morning, which would suggest to me that he's moved on." Klaus said smirking.