Chapter 5

🖤

A couple of months passed.

Things eventually became less awkward between Elena and Madelyn and even Caroline started to accept her relationship with Damon.

Madelyn was so happy and she loved living with Damon and Stefan. Damon had turned out to be amazing in every single way. He was surprisingly caring and thoughtful.

Madelyn was sleeping in, while Damon was already up preparing breakfast.

Her eyes fluttered open, woken up by someone moving around in the bed next to her.
Damon was looking at her, smiling widely.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." He said softly making Madelyn groan sleepily.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Madelyn asked confused before pulling the covers over her head.

"I'm happy." He answered, still smirking. His words made her heart flutter and a happy smile spread across her face as she resurfaced above the covers.

"Breakfast is ready." Damon said before he quickly leaned over and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I'll be down in a minute." Madelyn said quietly, smiling at his sweet gesture. Her smile made his heart beat faster. He felt so happy and lucky that she came into his life.

As Damon walked downstairs again, she turned around and just listened to the heavy rain. It was a perfect day for cuddling and movies.

Ten minutes later she dragged herself out of bed, snatched one of Damon's shirts, and walked towards the stairs.

As she walked closer to the stairs, she heard a familiar female voice, blending with Damon's in the living room.

She hurried down the stairs and carefully tiptoed towards the living room to see who it was.

"I love you, Damon." She heard Elena say despairingly, just as she turned around the corner.

Her heart shattered into pieces as she saw Elena kiss Damon. She just stood there in shock for a minute, barely able to breathe, before she turned on her heels and ran back upstairs.

"Madelyn!" She heard Damon call out for her as she hurried to the bedroom and locked the door behind her.

"Madelyn, open the door!" Damon yelled as he knocked on the door like crazy.

"Go away, Damon!" She shouted, her voice almost breaking and with tears welling up in her eyes.

She quickly changed into some of her clothes, grabbed her things, and almost stormed through the door.

She managed to push past Damon and ran down the stairs.

She quickly grabbed her car keys, as she passed Elena standing in the living room. She felt so betrayed that she couldn't even look at her.

"Maddie, wait!" Damon said as he flashed up behind her and grabbed her wrist, forcing her to stop.

"Let me go Damon." She hissed, through her tears, as she tried to get free of his grasp. She just wanted to get out of there.