Chapter 19

🖤

They finally pulled up by the warehouse, where the anchor was hidden.

"Thank God." Damon said as they finally got out of the car.

Jeremy threw a gun to Madelyn, which she put into the back pocket of her jeans.

"How do you do it, Damon? How can you stand being here while your girlfriend sits at home, worrying about her doppelgänger soul mate?" Silas asked.

"It's called being secure. I'm assuming you know a little bit about that by the way you wear your hair. Please don't tell me you believe in this doppelgänger prophecy crap." Damon hissed.

"Crap? What do you mean "crap?" Do you not notice the universe trying to mirror my love for Amara by bringing our doppelgängers together? Or maybe you don't really care, because you're actually in love with someone else." Silas pointed out, looking over at Madelyn with a smirk.

"You do realize that by destroying the Other Side, that you are personally moving Heaven and Earth to be together. That's not fate, you idiot. That's you being a crazy person" Damon hissed.

"Okay. Where is this stupid anchor thing?" Jeremy asked as they entered the warehouse.

"I have no idea." Silas answered, holding a crowbar.

"What do you mean you have no idea?" Damon hissed.

"Give me some credit, man. I did psychically dive into Tessa's mind to see this specific warehouse." Silas answered walking further into the building.

"What does it look like?" Jeremy asked, getting even more annoyed.

"Again, I have no idea. Tessa created it after she locked me away in a tomb for two thousand years and left me to starve. Remember? Remote island, creepy hallucinations?" Silas said with a smirk.

"Wait. You don't know where it is or what it looks like?" Damon hissed again.

"It binds a spell to a supernatural hell dimension. It's not going to look like a freaking IKEA sink." Silas said sarcastically, before opening a box.

They all went off to search through all the boxes, in the warehouse.

"Stay where I can see you." Damon ordered, earning himself an annoyed sigh from Madelyn. She didn't want to show it, but she actually appreciated his concern.

Damon walked to the other side, where Silas was opening boxes.

"Quit dawdling. We need to find this thing before the Travelers show up." Silas hissed at him.

"Why are they so interested in this anchor?" Damon asked.

"They hate me for creating the immortality spell and they know the anchor's the only thing standing between me and my soul mate. Every love story needs to have one thing that keeps getting in the way. Kind of like you, Damon." Silas said sarcastically.

"You know, you might be an all-powerful witch, is that what you call it?" Damon asked.

"Yeah." Silas answered.

"But I will happily kill you if you keep that up." Damon said smirking.

"Oh, no, you won't. Not until I bring your girlfriend's bestie back." Silas smirked teasingly, just before Damon's phone started to ring.