Chapter 35

🖤

Damon sent Madelyn back to Savannah, while they dealt with the magic border and a lunatic witch named Kai on the loose.

Madelyn was reading a book, trying to keep herself from worrying about everything back in Mystic Falls, when her phone suddenly rang.

"Hey Care." She said cheerfully as she picked up her phone.

"My mom... She's dying.." She sobbed on the other end, leaving Madelyn speechless.

"Oh, Caroline. I'm so sorry." Madelyn said feeling the tears filling her eyes.

"I'll just pack some things and then I'm coming home, okay?" Madelyn said trying to sound calm.

"No, no. You shouldn't." Caroline said sniffing, after a moment of silence.

"I just needed to talk." She sighed.

"Okay. We can do that." Madelyn said sounding a bit more cheerful.

"The boundary spell broke." She said happily as if nothing happened.

"Really? That means we can go home?" Madelyn asked trying to control a happy squeal.

"Yeah. That lunatic Kai sucked the magic out of it." Caroline explained.

"Wow okay. I can't believe that I just missed all of that." Madelyn said slightly confused.

"Damon found a way to bring Bonnie back." Caroline continued the long list of things that had happened while Madelyn had been away.

"Oh, that's great." Madelyn burst out.

"Did Alaric tell you about his new girlfriend?" Caroline asked after talking about Damon's plan for a moment.

"Yeah, he did. Did you meet her?" Madelyn asked.

"Yeah, she seems nice. Except that she's a witch." Caroline said skeptically.

Caroline updated her about everything else that had happened and that they had a few things they would try to save her mother's life.

🖤

After ending the phone call, Madelyn packed her things and made her way back to Mystic Falls.

As she reached the boarding house it was pouring down with heavy raindrops. Damon's car was parked in front of the house, but he was nowhere to be found.

Madelyn watched from in front of the house but she couldn't see him anywhere, so she closed her eyes and listened for anything before she superspeeded away.

"Damon, what are you doing out here?" Madelyn asked confused as she found him, pacing back and forth on the road.

He turned around in shock and stared at her.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" Madelyn asked smirking.

"I'm so happy to see you." he sighed happily before he walked towards me.

"What are you doing out here in the rain?" Madelyn asked again, after a soft lingering kiss.

"To clear my head. Sort my thoughts. You know.." He answered starting to pace around again.