New PG

Flashbacks:

A ring on the phone startled her as she woke up sleepily rubbing her eyes holding the mobile in her hands. She checked the time and it was past midnight and it was raining heavily outside.

Another blaring ring and she saw her elder sister Anfal's name blinking. She was confused as she eagerly received the phone and heard her sister's worried voice.

"Noor, I am stuck at my academy." She said worried. "I am unable to get a cab or an auto as it's raining like crazy. I don't know how I can reach home."

"Didi...don't worry. Let me call, Subhaan. Okay?" She said as she hung up and eagerly dialed her best friend Subhaan Akbar. He was at some theatre with his friends and when Noor revealed her problem, he assured he will take care and an hour later, her Didi was home safely.

"Thank you so much, Subhaan." Anfal said as she was drenched completely along with Subhaan. "Come inside and have some tea."

"No Didi..I need to go...have some work." He made an excuse when Noor joined them at the gate.

"Hey duffer! Come inside right now as I have made coffee for you." Noor ordered as her heart contracted to see him. She had loved him from the time she first set eyes on him in her University as he was amazingly handsome and charming. He was tall and athletic with brown curly hair. He had big, brown eyes with a straight nose and charming dimpled smile.

She had admired him for 2 years but finally they ended up becoming friends in a fashion show arranged on behalf on their college as she was the costume head. He was doing the ramp walk and she selected the best suited attire for him which made him win the challenge and hefty amount in Rupees.

After that there friendship flourished as Noor was getting obsessed by him. She would just fantasize about him whole day and wish he would stay by his side always. He was very caring and valued her a lot which was beautiful.

Subhaan had been staying reserved from few days which made Noor curious about him. He had started staying a little detached and occupied which disturbed Noor but she couldn't boss around him.

"No Light! I need to be somewhere." He refused as he used to call her 'Light' for 'Noor' which annoyed her initially but now she just loved it. As he climbed his bike and disappeared, Noor felt a tug at her heart as she suddenly realized that Subhaan was drifting away from him. She stood thinking about it disturbed when Didi called from behind as she was getting wet in rain.

"Noor..where is my coffee?" She asked wiping her hairs with towel. Noor tip-toed inside and got her cup along with her Didi.

"So what happened to, Zaid?" Noor asked sipping her coffee.

"Zaid is at her family wedding in some nearby district so I didn't bother calling him. He will be worried and you don't say anything at all." Didi warned as Noor agreed. Zaid Khan and Anfal were engaged and soon to be married.

Noor and Anfal stayed all alone in Hyderabad in Tolichowki at an apartment owned by their parents. They resided in Qatar and initially, their mother stayed with them but due to their father's health issue, she stayed back with him leaving girls all alone.

"We are getting a new paying guest soon." Didi said finally. They were little scared staying all alone without any male in the house.

"Who is it?" Noor asked frowning.

"You remember Zaid's cousin Yazan...the one who attended our engagement last year. Poor thing is looking for a room in an apartment as he stays in Saudi and it's a short stay." Anfal filled her in. "He is here for a vacation as his whole family resides in Saudi Arabia. I talked to him personally and he planned to stay for a month hardly to sell of his property here."

"Hmm...can we trust him?" Noor asked doubtfully as Anfal rolled her eyes.

"Noor, you are at the end of your semester and I will be completing my Masters with marriage. We need someone for few days and then back to Qatar..especially you." Anfal said hitting her head.

"Yes! You will be flying to London with Zaid." Noor replied mocking as she placed the cups at the counter.

"Didi..still he is a stranger!" Noor said as Anfal was back to her trying to assure her.

"Noor, he is much elder to both of us...and he is Zaid's cousin and best friend." Anfal said reminding. "Zaid knows him better and he is ready to guarantee his character."

"Huh! Don't we say men will be men..." Noor reminded as Anfal rolled her eyes.

"You are very suspicious, Noor." Anfal snorted. "I don't understand how you fell for Subhaan."

Noor blushed at the mention of his name and again her thoughts flew to the fact of Subhaan keeping a distance between them. But why?

"Noor! Let's hit the bed as we all know that Mr. Yazan is going to be here tomorrow." Anfal filled her about his arrival.

"When?" Noor said racing to the bedroom.

"He said about his flight arriving early morning." Anfal replied as Noor dug her head in the pillow helplessly.

"Didi! It's Sunday tomorrow!!!" She reminded angrily but in vain. She knew that her Didi will kick her out of the bed to open the door early morning and he would welcome him in the morning. So she is going to stay with an 'Uncle' after all but the only problem with this 'Uncle' was that, he was amazingly handsome with good looks and appeared much younger than his age.

(To be contd.............)

Media: Uploaded Noor Mujtaba's Image(Twinkle Khanna)