Together

Noor never expected to spend time with her sister as it was really unexpected arrival. She was occupied in her home with Yazaan and Anfal that she forgot all about Subhaan and his condition. She would have thrown her out of her house but she needed to present her reasons which Yazaan wouldn't approve of so she preferred to remain silent and bear it patiently.

Noor at times felt at ease that Yazaan was unaware of her friendship with Subhaan but Anfal's presence pushed her on edge. She had set him up and she was here now with Allah knows what intentions. In these two days she noticed Anfal acting really close and comfortable with Yazaan which was awkward and surprising. Was she seeing more than what existed between them?

Yazaan preferred staying by Anfal's side as she wondered what was wrong with him? She remembered Yazaan disliking Anfal initially and he kept her away and protected from her but now he was the one who was forgetting with whom he was over-indulging. Noor, would be pissed but she couldn't show it when her sister was around.

At times she yearned to communicate with Yazaan but he would be occupied or busy as she wondered if he intentionally avoided her? She remembered back in bed when she wrapped her arms around her and tried to broach the topic of Anfal tactfully when she found Yazaan snoring as she huffed helplessly.

She was caught in a web which was strangling her day by day. Finally, she remembered Subhaan's threat and only he can get her out of this so next day she managed to escape from Yazaan and Anfal's scrutiny so she can talk to Subhaan and when Zainab Bhabhi informed her that he was gone, she couldn't believe it.

"He had some legal issues and he was caught by the police who had kept him in the jail for a while. He may get deported soon." She filled her in as Noor's face fell. When did this happen and she was clueless about it.

"I haven't seen you in a long while though kids filled me up about you visiting Subhaan frequently. Did you know him?" She enquired casually as Noor felt tongue-tied. Her heart raced as if she had been caught committing a crime but she had to reply.

"Yes...me and Subhaan were college mates. We knew each other really well." She replied hesitantly as she noticed Zainab Bhabi eyeing her with curiosity.

"Did Yazaan know about this friend of yours?" She asked as Noor didn't know what to say. She couldn't tell her neighbor that she was meeting with him in secret.

"Yes, they know each other but not much." She nodded as she replied giving her a tight-lipped smile. She needed to get out and think clearly as she was left with only two available options.

She can either keep this under wraps or continue normally but she feared Anfal's intentions who wanted to destroy her marital life or she should confess her truth in front of Yazaan and be ready to face the terrible consequences which may end up in separation. She even dreaded that Yazaan may not believe her and may end up divorcing her.

She thought to herself that how long can she hide things from Yazaan? Anfal knew everything and someday she would eventually end up telling him and she may have proves too. What mattered her was that will Yazaan trust Anfal if she denied the facts?

She could do that easily and remind Yazaan how hypocrite Zaid had been and even now Anfal is following the same path but where would this eventually go. Even she was turning into one hypocrite too and lying to keep her husband married to her.

She just couldn't come to terms with her thoughts as every path that she chose to walk ended up in destruction. Her head ached and tears filled her eyes as she suffered from insomnia. She would stare at her husband every night trying to remember his warmth, his love and his presence which filled her life and the thought of losing him was devastating. She wondered if she would survive it.

She was returning from Zainab Bhabi's house in afternoon as she called her to help her through a Briyani recipe as she was an excellent cook and she was throwing a brunch for her colleagues. She invited Noor too so one everything was prepared, she decided to shower and change to attend the party.

She was at door when she heard few muffled voices as she wondered who it was? With whom was Didi talking at this hour as the house was empty but her heart fell in her stomach when she heard a familiar male voice. Yazaan.

"Why don't you tell her the truth!" Anfal demanded angrily. "I am sick and tired of keeping a smiling face when inside it's killing me, Yazaan! I am tired of being fake!"

"Anfal, we need time. I will talk to her as I know how she is. She cannot bear the truth." Yazaan said as he sounded angry and pissed. It was surely something that Anfal had said or done. And what truth are they talking about?

"She should know..she must know we are together in this!..." Her words hissed making her world collapse as her senses went numb. "We have been together from quite a while...how long are you going to hide it?". She didn't hear anything further as she jumped to conclusions and understood why Anfal was here and what she had been planning from all this time.

She had been envious of Noor and now she wanted to snatch away her Husband so she can have all that she wanted in life. Now everything fell in place as they fit perfectly and Subhaan's sudden disappearance was also her part of the plan so that if he gave up in the end and confess the truth to Yazaan, he would turn against her.

Ya Allah! She cried inside as she collapsed on the ground trembling. She never thought all this to happen and her own sister would play with her feelings. She thought it would have been better if she had committed suicide and left everyone on their own but she had Yumna to look after.

She knew she was strong and she needed to be brave. She needed to understand that nobody deserved our loyalty and love more than our Creator Allah. She opened the door and very bravely walked inside as Yazaan and Anfal threw horrifying gaze at her.

"Noor, I am so glad you returned. Done with your preparations?" Yazaan asked as she looked at Yazaan to Anfal noticing how they feared her.

"Yes, she asked me to attend lunch with her but as you have returned from office, I will prepare something for you." Noor suggested hoping Yazaan to say 'yes' as he hated eating out.

"You carry on as me and Anfal will have lunch. Anfal will prepare something. Right?" Yazaan said signaling Anfal as she nodded reluctantly. Noor heart burdened with disappointment as she did her wudoo and fell in sajda crying to Allah and seeking his help. After all He is the one who holds our heart in His fingers and can deviate it in whichever way he wishes.

Noor cried and cried in sajda putting her troubles and prayers in silent weepings. She cried until she couldn't cry anymore and her voice was gone. She remembered opening her eyes to baby Yumna who pulled her up and she wrapped her arms around her dearest daughter who was beginning to walk now.

She smirked amidst tears as she thought that Anfal had taken Yumna boasting that she would take utmost care of the little one in the morning and though Noor didn't want to leave her with Anfal, she had no choice. When she returned as her mind was numb, she noticed Yumna playing with her toys so she slipped in her bedroom but finding Yumna by her side made her realize how carelessly, Yazaan and Anfal had left her own her own.

She realized that Yazaan had even grown careless towards Yumna who he considered more worthy than his own life. One new person had invaded Noor's and her daughter's place in Yazaan's heart. She took it as a reply from ALLAH to her silent pleas as he revealed the truth of Yazaan and his intentions were much clear to her.

She needed to make a decision and she needed to chose a path on her own. She had made a choice which will reap it's consequences and Allah knew her better than anyone else so she shouldn't fear anything. She finally gathered her scattered heart and decided to face the truth. She couldn't continue suffering and torturing herself with unknown fears and if Yazaan had chosen Anfal over Noor, then be it as she deserved it for the wrong she had done. She needed to accept her faults, make sincere repentance and hope Allah will make things easy for her in Shaa Allah.

Three long days passed by and one night Yazaan approached her as he tried to act mushy and sweet but it didn't affect Noor anymore. She stared at her husband who was hiding his secrets whereas she was struggling with hers. So finally they were together ready to confess the truth in near future as they were preparing themselves to deal the worst.

(To be contd...........)