Surprise in bed

"Here Noor, I baked them at home." Zainab Bhabhi offered me a tray full of cupcakes as she accepted one giving a small smile. She was upset with Yazaan and what surprised her was that, he slept through it and early morning he was in a rush to reach office dropping a eager peck on her cheek.

"Thank You, Bhabhi." She replied not tasting it but holding it the way she held her thoughts in her head. She wondered what has changed between her and Yazaan.

"You know Bhabhi, sometime I just feel this huge gap...a void between me and Yazaan." Noor opened up as she looked at her worried. She was in her early forties with visible greys in her mehendi dyed burgundy hairs. She was plump with affectionate brown eyes and fair complexion. She was stout and caring personality.

"That's all in your head girl." She chided. "If there is something you should talk to him and let him know how you feel."

"How? He is so occupied by his work and travels..." Noor shrugged nodding as she took her first bite of cupcake after unwrapping it from the cover. It tasted delicious.

"Noor...he works to support you and Yumna. Whatever he is doing is for both of you. Don't ever forget that as we women as very inconsiderate and ungrateful beings." Zainab Bhabi warned in a motherly tone as Noor agreed. Yazaan has called from office that he was driving to Khobar for a day so she stopped by her neighbor to share her time as it always felt good to have someone to confide in.

"Anyways, how is work?" Noor said changing the topic lightly.

"Exams are arriving and being the co-ordinator, I have so much to take care. It's just getting on my nerves now." Zainab Bhabi filled in who worked in one of he reputed schools in Riyadh. She had suggested Noor to take up a job as there was a nursery where she can leave Yumna but Yazaan never approved of it.

"But Manhaa and Rabia are done with exams...Right?" Noor asked frowning and she replied non-chalantly.

"Yes and their vacation is going to start too but for IGCSE, they are going to have exams soon." Zainab Bhabi replied. "I have asked my husband's brother to come over to stay so atleast there will be someone at home with the girls. I am scared to leave them on their own as they are growing up."

"True, but you could have left them at my home." Noor offered kindly as she nodded knowingly.

"He will be staying here for a while as he is looking for a job. He worked in India but he wanted to move here so my husband did the processing and currently he is staying with his friend in outskirts." She said as Noor nodded not interested. "Anyways when are you planning a vacation to India?"

"No idea. Yazaan has his trips so he is never ready to go to India but I was planning to make a trip to Qatar at my Mom." Noor filled in. "It's been years already."

"Hmm...now when things have turned well you must visit your Mom." Zainab Bhabi said thoughtfully. They chatted for a while as Noor returned home and had her dinner in silence as the only voice was Yumna's who was playing. She provided her great company or else she would have been devastated.

She watched TV for a while but her mind kept floating if she should ring up Subhaan and talk to him. She had missed him and the curiosity she had for him was making her wonder if he returned with realization. What if he told her that he loved her, what can she do about it now?

It became unbearable as she grabbed her mobile and dialled Yazaan hoping he would respond but unfortunately his mobile was switched off. She checked his watsapp and was contented he was available an hour back. She typed in Subhaan's number from her memory as her heart thudded in her chest and her fingers trembles. What was she doing?