Rumors or Truth?

"Didi...who told you all this?" Noor said wide -eyed still unable to believe it.

"Zaid told me about this long time back. I always found him weird." Anfal said shaking her head.

"No Didi, he did tell me about selling his property and I helped him in that." Noor filled in as Anfal glared at her.

"Noor, that property is something he doesn't even own legally!" Anfal added as she had already mentioned about it. Yazaan had some serious issues with his brothers and he was under cover here to sell of his real estate illegally and this was the actual news that Anfal filled me in.

"How am I supposed to know about it?" Noor scoffed suddenly feeling bad about being a partner in crime. Infact,she showed him an easy road to sell of his stuff.

"He even got divorced." Anfal filled in as Noor froze unable to believe her words. "He was here and he signed the papers too. His wife demanded seperation as she moved out of his home a month or few weeks after marriage."

Noor gaped at Anfal's confession. Yazaan never showed any emotions or depression revealing he was going through such a hard phase.

"But why?" Noor frowned. "Why did his wife demand khulaa?"

"No idea. There must be definitely something." Anfal added as Noor nodded in agreement. He must be detesting Yazaan as he didn't share anything about him but instead her heart went out for him in sympathy as he could make out he was dealing with something. "Why would anybody's wife leave him for no reason?"

"True. But Didi I am so surprised you came to know all this about Yazaan now?" Noor said thoughtfully.

"Zaid told me a lot more about him." Anfal said casually as Noor frowned raising her eye-brow.

"I thought Jiju was his friend and he asked use to rent him the room." Noor recalled as Anfal hesistated and then she explained.

"Actually Zaid didn't want him to stay with them so he dodged him to our home. He didn't know he intended to sell of property or his motives." Anfal said as Noor sighed realizing that Yazaan was history now.

"Anyways he didn't trouble us so why should we bother about him?" Noor corrected suddenly feeling uneasy about Yazaan's reality and Jiju speaking negative about him. She began to sense something fishy.

"There was something more I need to tell you." Anfal said biting her lower lip as she look worried. "I remember you telling me about an argument you had with Yazaan before he left which bothered you for sometime."

"It sure did but I am over it now Didi!" Noor insisted trying to brush it away. She didn't know why she didn't want to talk about Yazaan and his horrible character. In amidst all marriage preparation she ones disclosed to Didi Yazaan's opinion about Subhaan and their argument. She didn't tell completely but partially.

"You remember how Mamma was upset when she came to know we rented our room to Zaid's cousin?" Anfal chimed in and Noor nodded.

"That's because Yazaan selected you in my engagement and sent a marriage propoal for you but our parent's refused due to the huge age difference." Anfal filled in and suddenly Noor's heart was in her stomach.

"Really?" She gasped shocked. "Yazaan was interested in me?"

"Totally! Zaid came to know about it later but when he got married, he thought it's not a big deal." Anfal shrugged her shoulders as Noor was totally upset at Zaid Jiju. Something was not right as her mood had turned sour as she put up a frown and went to bed.

Next two days she was grumpy and avoided Anfal and her curious stare. Finally she asked her what was bothering her and she opened up.

"Didi, it's very humiliating and disappointing that Zaid Jiju allowed Yazaan to stay here after knowing he wanted to marry me!" Noor complained. "Why is he telling all the negatives now? I just don't understand him anymore as I didn't expect from him all this!"

"Noori, dont make a mountain out of a molehill!" Anfal glared at Noor but she hardly cared. Only she knew how embarassed she felt discussing about Subhaan to Yazaan and she had acted so idiotic and sought him as a friend. Now his motives were clear and why he so seriously disapproved Subhaan. Was he actually trying to make things work between them eventhough he was married? Did he sought to to divorce because of her?

Noor started jumping to conclusions although Yazaan didn't even reveal that he got divorced. Suddenly, she sensed he was upto some no good as he disappeared without last explanation when he sensed how strongly Noor felt for Subhaan. And here she wallowed in self pity and guilt that she had been such a horrible friend to Yazaan.

Few days passed by as things seem to grow tense at home. There were certain issues going on between her parents and Zaid'd parents as they made some last minute dowry demands which was really hard to be arranged. Her parents wanted Anfal to talk to Zaid and sort it out but she supported him and her parents were worried. Noor started feeling worried for her parents as she didn't expect Anfal to side with Zaid but she didn't say anything.

Finally that unfortunate morning arrived where Noor's world collapsed and she had no one but Subhaan by her side for a while. Little did she know that all those who were around her would be snatched away from her life one after the other and she would be left all alone at the mercy of Yazaan in another three weeks as soon as Anfal gets married. She hardly knew her life would change so abruptly and when she believed that Yazaan was gone from her life for good and became a distant memory, he stepped in to rock her entire world.

(To be contd...)