Great Friend

Noor had found a great friend and advisor in Yazaan as he enjoyed listening to her about Subhaan and her friendship in college. Anfal still held twisted views about Yazaan as she found him still hard to mingle though he started attending dinners with Noor more often as Anfal was busy with her studies and marriage shopping but still Anfal and Yazaan would stick to one topic more often on dinner table and that's Zaid.

"I am planning to leave for Jeddah tomorrow." He announced arranging his suitcase as Noor felt a sudden surge of emptiness.

"You aren't staying for Zaid's wedding?" She asked gasping and he nodded saying he had only few days leave and he needs to get back to work. Noor had grown used to this new PG who was keen on listening to her stories and unending talks.

"I may come over if I can but no promises." Yazaan filled in as Noor felt depressed.

"When can we meet again?" She asked hopefully as he smirked at her.

"People hate me, Noor and they feel I am a good riddance and you actually look forward to see me." He asked surprised as Noor frowned at his confession.

"Why do you think you are so annoying. I find you really nice and I respect you a lot." She replied as he smirked at himself nodding.

"You are too young to decide and judge anyone." He said looking at her as he was always bothered by Yazaan's approach towards life. He sounded depressed and shattered but never shared anything with anyone. He always considered himself nothing more than a burden on everyone which was odd.

"Right, because you consider me to be my friend but I am no one to you." Noor said tactfully which caugth his interest.

"I haven't ever let anyone enter my space Noor...you know you have managed somehow." He replied knowingly as Noor shook her head.\

"Then tell me about you. I am your friend too and I need to know why you are so depressed and hold so much negativity." Noor insisted as Yazaan looked at her amused. "Everything about you is odd."

"Noor! You are getting carried off." He snapped suddenly not letting himself flow in emotions.

"So you don't want to tell me. Fine, then I will take it as we are no more friends." Noor complained as he called her but she walked out of the room into the kitchen and he walked behind him.

"Noor, you are too young to understand all this." He muttered sighing. "Yaar! Please I have managed to make one friend atleast and now I don't want to spoilt it. Please!"

"Then open up!" She insisted as he had his hands thrusted in his pockets. He usually dressed in formal dresses with thin spectacles making him look older but handsome. Yazaans studied her as she got busy making tea for herself as Yazaan had got used to Noor's handmade tea which was tasty and refreshing.

He would always comment after finishing.

"This is one thing I am really going to miss about you, Noor. You tea is amazing and if I ever drop by, it will be to have your tea."

Yazaan can notice how upset Noor was as he desired a warm cup of tea for himself but he couldn't ask her now when she is upset on him. Damn!

"Noor yaar...please understand and I don't want to upset you before I leave." He insisted his eyes still on her.

"Try me, Yazaan. Maybe, I can share little bit of your pain." Noor huffed as he reconsidered before he finally spoke up.

"I will tell you little of what happened with me." He said finally speaking as Noor turned to give her interest. She notice the pain that crossed Yazaan's face and something told her that he disliked talking about it to anyone.