Carnival Games and Hand Holding

CHAPTER 8

Jen's POV

***We stopped at the top and I looked down at what awaited us. A twelve story plunge, straight down! Oh god I think I might be sick.

I hid my head in Harry's arm and the roller coaster slowly tipped over the edge and we were sent plummeting down into the ground.

All I could remember is screams and that annoying feeling in the pit of my stomach.***

"AAAAHHHH" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I continued screaming the whole time, fearing for my life.

I could faintly hear Niall's laughs as a result of my screeching and I thought about all the pain that was coming to him later.

I pressed my head into Harry's chest to block out what was happening around me, although I still felt all the flips and spins.

When the ride came to a stop I felt relief flood through me.

"Come on Jen, it's over now." Harry whispered softly to me.

I slowly got up and walked off the ride, clutching my stomach that felt like it was about to explode.

Niall couldn't control his laughter as we walked off and I shot him the dirtiest look that I could.

"You are dead to me." I said, staring him down.

"Woah woah woah!" He countered, putting his hands up in defence and plastering an innocent look on his face. "I didn't force you to go on that ride!"

I huffed. "Yeah but you should know better than to put me on a crazy roller coaster on my first time at an amusement park!"

"Well sor-ry." He said, his tone full of sass.

"C'mon you two, be nice." Harry said stepping in between us.

"Fine." I said, making my annoyance obvious.

"I'm sorry." Niall said innocently.

"Yeah yeah, let's just go get some food, I'm starving." Louis piped up.

"Ok." Everyone agreed.

We made our way towards the booth with the food and I chatted with Eleanor. She was so nice! I knew that we were going to become the best of friends.

When we got there Harry looked at me.

"What would you like?" He asked while pulling out some money from his wallet.

"Cotton candy please." I said, giving him a warm smile. Mmmm cotton candy. I hadn't had it in forever.

I remembered how my mom used to buy it for me and my dad would always complain that it would rot my teeth. But he wasn't around to tell me what to do anymore.

"Coming right up!" Harry said and walked towards the end of the line.

"FOOD!" Niall yelled as he butted in front of Harry. I laughed at the sight and walked up to Harry, standing beside him in line.

When everyone had all their food, we wandered around the park, looking at all the rides and games, eyeing up which ones we wanted to do.

While we were walking, I felt someone tap on my left shoulder. Naturally, I looked left, but nobody was close enough to me to have tapped my shoulder.

Suddenly, I felt an arm reach over my right shoulder and steal some of my cotton candy. I whipped around to find Niall munching happily on a piece if cotton candy! It was him!

"NIALL GET BACK HERE!" I yelled as I chased him through the park.

"NEVER!" He yelled back.

Oh that boy is dead to me. I will get him back, just you wait. I stopped running and knelt over, huffing.