Escape?

CHAPTER 28

Jen's POV

I exhaled sharply, springing back to life. I didn't know where I was. Just tied up in a chair in a strange room.

I didn't remember anything. Until I saw him.

"Hello baby girl." He smiled slyly at me, the smell of whiskey fresh on his breath.

"What do you want with me!" I screeched, too shocked to stop myself. "Leave me alone!"

He laughed, his head rolling back.

"You know I can't do that."

I shook my head at my father, horrified at the monster that he had become. Oh how I wish my mother were here right now, she'd know what to do.

"Why?" I croaked, finally finding some words.

He just looked at me, his head cocked to the side.

"You are my daughter and therefore, MINE!" He yelled the last word.

My lip trembled. "Mom would be ashamed of you!" I whimpered quietly to myself.

"What did you say?" He roared.

I just hung my head, bracing myself for the impact.

"HUH? WHAT WAS THAT?" His hand made contact with my cheek leaving a tingling sensation.

"Nothing." I finally muttered.

"That's what I thought." He snapped.

I felt tears well up in my eyes. How can a man be so evil?

"Now," he stated, "tell me why I should let you live?"

My whole body shook.

"I-I..."

"That's right!" He screeched. "There is no reason. You, my own daughter betrayed me. You left me. You hurt me. You never even cared about me!" He proclaimed, punching me hard in the ribs.

I groaned at the pain. "You know that's not true! I always loved you! I tried! But you.. And the drinking.." I finished quietly, already regretting what I had just said.

"YOU NEVER LOVED ME!" He screamed in my face.

I felt a tear escape my tired eyes. "Please, just listen. Everything can go back to normal..." I pleaded.

"Its too late for that! You made me suffer for two long years and I shall do the same to you. I swear on the devils name that you will NOT leave this basement, ever!" He screeched, sneering. "You will rot in this dungeon and die here! And no one will ever save you. Not even your little boyfriend!" He laughed.

My eyes went wide. "Harry.." I whispered.

Harry's POV

I arrived at my destination shortly after I took off.

I had a strange feeling about this place.

It was a little park called Franklin Heights.

This is where I first met Jen and she told me she ran away from home which can't be that far from here. I just need to dig a little deeper.

I began searching all around the park for any type of clue to where she might have went.

After half an hour of searching, I sat down on a bench to take a rest.

I ran my hand through my hair like I always did when I was nervous.

Where could she be?

Suddenly, I heard a jingle in the distance.