A Dinner Date

CHAPTER 15

Jen's POV

I couldn't sleep all night. Harry actually asked me out. Oh my god I was going on an actual, real life date with him.

It can't be true. That's it! It's all a dream!

I pinched myself on the arm, hard.

I yelped in pain. Ow! Definitely not a dream.

I looked at my arm and noticed a tiny, faded bruise. If it was faded, I couldn't have caused it just now. Suddenly, I realized its cause.

It was from my dad. I hope my friends hadn't noticed. Well, it didn't matter if Harry had because he already knew about my dad. I had told him on that night that I felt so fragile, so... broken.

My thoughts were interrupted as Harry burst into my room, out of breath.

"Are you alright?" He said loudly. I could sense worry in his voice.

"Yes, I'm fine." I said simply.

"Ok, because I heard you scream and I thought you were in trouble..." He drifted off.

Oh my gosh, someone actually cared about me. I was shocked.

Harry scratched his head. "Well, I guess I'll leave you to get ready for work."

"Mmhh k." I said sleepily.

He quietly left my room and I turned around to look at my clock.

It was 7:20! I slept in! My stupid alarm clock didn't work!

"Sh*t!" I cursed out loud.

I quickly jumped in the shower with a shower cap on to save time on my hair.

When I got out, I raced towards my room and threw my clothes on. Then I rushed out the door where Harry was waiting in his car, like always.

He was fiddling with his phone and when I got in, he looked up, and quickly put his phone down. Then he started the car and drove off.

As soon as we were driving, I began to make conversation with Harry.

"Sorry we're in such a rush, my alarm clock didn't go off and I slept in and..." But he cut me off.

He didn't even say anything, he just placed his hand on top of mine softly and gave a reassuring squeeze.

That was all I needed to know that everything was alright and that he didn't mind rushing.

Although I realize it was dangerous, we held hands the whole car ride.

We talked a little but not much and when we pulled up to the doorway of the restaurant, I felt emptiness fill my heart.

"Bye Harry, see you at four!" I said, excited for tonight.

"Uh, actually Jen, is it alright if Brianna picks you up? I have some stuff to organize." He finished off his sentence mumbling.

"Yeah! Of course!" I said reassuringly.

"So I'll see you at six then?" He asked, hope glittered in his brilliant green eyes and I couldn't turn him down.

"Yes. Definitely." And with that, I got out of the car and walked into the two big front doors that have become really familiar to me.

Like always, Ann stood at the front of the store, waiting for me.

"Hey girlie, how are ya today?" She asked me cheerfully.

"Great, how are you?" I asked, trying to sound just as cheerful as she was.