Lovebirds

CHAPTER 23

Harry's POV

(8 months later)

I yawned, slowly opening my eyes and taking in my surroundings.

The only sound was Jen's quiet breathing and the slight chirps of birds.

Light shone in through the windows of the bedroom and blinded me.

But the sun couldn't stop me from noticing my arm wrapped protectively around Jen.

Her body was pressed up against mine and it was almost as if she had melted into me.

Things have gotten back to normal these past few months and I'm delighted about that.

Jen and I are back to the way we were, just two young people in love.

Today was a very special day to me as well. It was the day my father proposed to my mother.

And I was planning on doing something special for Jen after she got home from work later.

Speaking of my beautiful girlfriend, I felt her stir slightly.

Her breathing slowed then went back to normal once again.

At that moment I knew she was awake so I loosened my grip on her waist, allowing her to roll over and face me.

"Morning beautiful." I whispered, watching her smile sleepily.

"Morning." She whispered back.

"You know I hate to do this to you but you have to get ready for work." I whispered while hovering my lips a centimetre away from hers.

"I know." She whispered back before cheekily stealing a kiss.

I smirked at her before kissing her once more, a little more deeply.

She smiled into the kiss and when I pulled away, she pouted.

"Sorry, but it's time to get up." I laughed at her childishness.

"Ok mom, whatever you say." She giggled before getting up and walking to the bathroom to shower.

I watched her carefully take each step and before I knew it, she was out of sight.

I decided to get out of bed as well and go make some breakfast, but when I got to the kitchen, a feast was already on the table.

I looked around, trying to figure out where it came from. But soon enough, I found a very content Niall eating some toast in the living room.

"Hey mate, it's about time you got up." Niall teased.

"Ni, it's only 8." I stated, watching Niall shrug in response.

"Did you make all that food?" I suddenly burst out.

Niall laughed. "Yeah."

"Um, if I may ask, why?" I asked cautiously.

"Well, I knew you wanted today to be special for you and Jen so I thought you guys could have a nice breakfast together." Niall shrugged again.

I smiled at my friends thoughtfulness. "Thanks mate. It means a lot."

"Eh, it was nothing. Brianna doesn't mind cooking."

At that, my jaw dropped. I didn't know whether to laugh or hit Niall.

"All this time I thought you were this nice guy who made a nice breakfast for me and my girlfriend but you actually made your girlfriend do it." I laughed while shaking my head in disbelief.