Climax

CHAPTER 29

(Climax chapter)

Harry's POV

I drove around the block, slowly scanning all the houses.

"140, 140, 140.." I chanted out loud. I needed to find that house.

Then suddenly, I spotted it. It was a quaint little house, white panels with a grey roof. It blended in very well with the rest of the neighbourhood, making it not as suspicious.

As soon as I laid eyes on the house I just knew she was in there. But I also knew that I needed to be careful.

So I drove around the block and parked my vehicle at a corner store, locking the doors with a click as I jogged back down the street.

"I'm coming Jen. I'm coming."

Jen's POV

I came into consciousness with a start.

As you may have guessed, my dad had knocked me out after I tried to escape.

This time, I found myself stripped to my underwear, unable to hide any weapons or pointy objects.

I shivered, feeling naked and cold.

What if my dad had done something to me while I was unconscious...

I shuddered at the thoughts, pushing it from my mind.

I took this time to do a mental check on my body.

My hands were tied up again and throbbing from the rough rope, my legs were sore and I could see a bruise forming on my upper thigh, my feet were tingly and asleep and my face was numb and swollen.

I must have looked outrageous.

But my looks were the least of my concerns.

I had two options: rot here and die or escape and possibly die trying.

I went for option number two, quickly scanning my thoughts for a new game plan.

I tried to calm myself, breathing deeply and letting my mind relax, but it was almost impossible.

I was sore, cold, hungry, tired, and on edge.

My dad could burst the through the doors any second and attack me again.

But I couldn't let that happen.

So I began to wiggle my wrists, trying to break free. I squirmed, twisted and pulled until my wrists were sore and raw.

Even though I couldn't see them, I knew that they were bright red and puffy.

I stopped a moment, resting my wrists.

Someone must be looking for me.

They have to be.

My eyes suddenly widened in remembrance.

"Please hurry Harry." I whispered out loud as I started trying to break free once again.

Harry's POV

I crept towards the house very cautiously.

As I snuck around the side, I could already smell the alcohol escaping from the windows.

This just reassured my suspicion. It was the house.

As I breathed in the musty smell, I remembered when Jen first told me about her dad.

She was so weak, so fragile, like glass. I just knew I needed to save her so she would never feel like that again.

But here we are.