A Promise...

CHAPTER 24

Jen's POV

I walked hand in hand with Harry as we headed home after our amazing date.

He really cheered me up after such a bad day. He always did.

Suddenly, he stopped walking and spun me so I was looking into his eyes.

Then, without a word, I watched him get down slowly on one knee.

Oh. My. God. Is he freaking proposing? I'm too young for this. Sh*t. Sh*t. Sh*t.

Don't get me wrong, I seriously love Harry and would love to marry him one day, but not today.

I just wasn't ready for this.

I watched in shock as he pulled out a tiny box and opened it, revealing a ring.

I looked into Harry's eyes before darting back to the ring.

I squinted to get a better look at it and as soon as I really saw it, I sighed in relief.

"Jen," Harry started as if he was about to talk for a while. "I love you so much. I hope you realize that. No, this isn't a proposal, as you may have figured out. I feel that we are a little young for that. But this is a promise ring. I give you this ring to show my commitment to you. There's no one but you. It's you and only you. And I don't know about you but I would like to eventually get married..." He trailed off.

I smiled, wiping away a tear before jumping on him.

I wrapped my limbs frantically around Harry and rested my head in his neck.

"I love you Harry, and I'm so happy you did this. You are way too good for me and I don't know what I did to deserve you but you are truly perfect." I silently cried into his shoulder.

"Baby, please don't cry." Harry smiled hopefully.

I looked up at him and pecked his cheek.

"They are happy tears Hazza."

"Ok, good." He smiled.

"Now, let's see that ring shall we?" I winked at him before cheekily grabbing at his hands.

He laughed loudly.

"Hold on there tiger, here you go." He said, taking the ring and sliding it on my ring finger.

I sat on Harry's knee and took a closer look at my gorgeous ring.

It was a small band with a heart right in the middle. In the centre of the heart was a small diamond.

"I love it Haz." I admired out loud.

"I'm glad." He whispered. "Now, let's go home shall we?" He asked, standing up carefully so that I didn't fall.

As soon as he was stable, I jumped up on his back, wrapping my legs around his waist and draping my arms over his chest.

"Ok, I'm ready." I giggled.

I admired my ring some more as I bounced along on Harry's back.

He was so thoughtful.

I kissed his cheek quickly, causing him to smile.

"What's that for?" He asked, grinning away.

"For being you." I answered.

Niall's POV

I played with Brianna's hair as we laid on the couch together, watching old CSI reruns.

Her head rested comfortably on my lap and I sat up, admiring her beauty.