A Lovely Picnic

CHAPTER 11

Jen's POV

As soon as Brianna dropped me off at home, I ran inside. I heard the crunching of her tires on the gravel as I ran towards the living room.

I searched until I spotted who I was looking for.

"Harry! Guess what?" I screeched while jumping into his arms. He seemed startled and answered with a worried 'what?' look.

"I got a job!" I squealed and suddenly his face lit up.

"Really? Where?" He asked excited.

"The Cheesecake Factory!" I answered. "I start tomorrow at 8am sharp."

"That's great!" He sounded really happy for me.

I nodded. Then I realized that I was still in Harry's arms and I felt my face get hot. I backed up slowly and sat on the couch.

He looked at me before taking a seat beside me. I smiled at him.

"Harry?" I asked quietly.

"Yes Jen." He asked. His eyes were sparkling more than normal.

"How's Niall doing?" I saw his face drop.

"Ugh, he's alright, he's still depressed about the whole Brianna thing. He's in his bedroom if you wanted to see him." He said with a blank expression.

I laughed. "I don't want to see him right now."

Harry's face lit up.

"Well, why did you ask about him then?" He asked curiously.

"Because." I felt a mischievous smile creep onto my lips. "Dani had a plan and she asked me to execute it. But I'm gonna need your help."

Harry's POV

I walked up the stairs to Niall's room feeling confident. I wore a pair of dark jeans and a white dress shirt. If I was going to convince Niall to go party with me I had to look the part.

I knocked on his door and heard a faint groan. I took that as a 'come in' so I walked on in.

I saw my best mate lying on his bed, the covers strewn everywhere. His face was buried so I couldn't see what he looked like but I could just imagine.

I walked over to the bed and sat down.

"Hey mate, is everything alright?" I asked, my voice gentle.

He groaned. "Of course I'm not!" He began to shout. "I don't have B-B-Brianna!"

"Shh it's alright. I felt the exact same way when I lost Ashley." I said but her named still pained me and saying it, I felt my heart sting a little.

Niall remained silent and didn't look up.

"C'mon mate, I just wanted to know if you would like to go out and have a drink with me." I said.

No answer.

"We can go to Nandos too." I taunted.

Niall slowly looked up.

"I'm not sure if I'm ready." He whispered.

"Of course you are." I encouraged.

He looked me up and down. A smirk plastered on his face.

"Okay fine. But the only reason I'm going is because you dressed up fancy just for me." He winked.

I punched his arm and rolled my eyes but he just chuckled.