First Day on the Job

CHAPTER 12

Jen's POV

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I groaned and rolled over, slapping the snooze button on my phone. I closed my eyes and cuddled up into the blankets.

No. I can't sleep. I have to go to work.

I forced myself out of bed and sleepily walked to the bathroom. I had a quick shower, dried off and walked to my room with a towel wrapped around me.

I quickly put on a pair of black dress pants and my uniform shirt that I received yesterday.

I then pulled my hair back into a slick ponytail again. I looked in the mirror. Eh, good enough. It'll have to do.

I also applied a little makeup, a very natural look, to make me look fresh and awake.

I grabbed my phone and my purse and strolled into the kitchen.

"Morning, love." Harry said as I approached him.

"Morning." I replied while walking up to him.

He smiled at me and I returned the favour.

"You look very beautiful today." He randomly said. I felt the temperature in my checks rise. He's never said anything about my looks before.

"Thanks." I said while looking down. "Ugh, Harry?" I asked timidly.

"Yeah." He said while looking into my eyes.

"C-Can you drive me to work please?" I stuttered. I was so lost in his gorgeous eyes that I was at a loss for words.

"Of course. What time do you start?" He asked.

"Ugh, 8:00." I answered quietly.

We both looked at the clock. The big hand was almost on the eight and the little hand was at the nine.

"Sh*t." He cursed. "We gotta get going!" He said while grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door.

He quickly opened the passengers door for me and motioned for me to get in. I did and after he lightly shut the door, he jogged around to the drivers side.

He got in and started the car. We pulled out of the driveway and were on the road in record time.

"Sorry for such short notice." I whispered, looking down.

"Please don't look down love, it hides your gorgeous eyes." He said while glancing over at me.

I was shocked at his statement. Well that came out of nowhere. He was becoming a lot more open about his feelings towards me.

"Sorry." I muttered.

I looked up and stared out the front window as Harry made his way to the Cheesecake Factory. We drove in silence the whole way.

When we got there, it was 7:59. Just in time.

"Bye Jen, have fun." Harry said as he dropped me off at the front door.

"Ok, thanks! Can you pick me up at four?" I yelled from the front door.

He gave me a thumbs up, signalling that he would, before he drove away.

I looked at the big double doors and took a deep breath. I'm ready.

I pushed them open and I came face to face with my boss.

"Hello, Jennifer." She said with a wide smile. "How are you today?"

"Great, thank you. How about yourself?" I asked her.