Extra: It's Not Always Sunny

Toni was mad at herself more than anything. How could she forget?

She wanted to slap herself as she stared down at the results, the sign not changing even as she stared harder.

How was she gonna tell Daren? How was he gonna react? This sucked!

She sighed and made her way downstairs where she found Darren helping Micah, who had just gotten home from camp, with his homework.

They were in the living area where the Christmas tree they had blinded her with lights, but Micah loved it and spent every waking moment around it.

"Babe, after you're done can you meet me upstairs?"

Darren looked up at her and smiled "Sure."

Upstairs she sat on their bed and sighed as she stared out the window. It was dark and the house was quiet with Rory asleep, Joseph away and Elena in her room doing homework. All of that would change tomorrow because school was letting out tomorrow for Christmas break.

She looked when the bedroom door open and Darren strode in. "What's up?"

"Remember I was saying how unwell I felt the past couple days?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I made it the last option but I, um, took a test and ..." She sighed once again, running a hand through her hair, "I'm pregnant."

Darren's eyes widened and looked at the ground to collect the words he'd say next.

"You're sure? I mean, can you still even get pregnant?"

Toni's mouth gaped, her entire mood shifting as her eyes narrowed on her husband. "What?"

"I thought that women your age-"

"My age! Are you insinuating that I'm old?"

Darren stuttered out his words, "Of course no-"

"I'm like a few months older than you, you ass!"

"Toni, that's not what I meant."

"What did you mean then? I don't even turn forty for another-"

"I know, in February."

She raged, "Get out!"

"Huh?"

"My birthday's in December!" She fumed, getting off the bed and pushing him out the door.

"That's what I meant; I swear!"

She grabbed a blanket that was neatly folded by the door and threw it at him, the fabric hitting him in the face.

"Enjoy the couch," she muttered and slammed the door.

Darren was frozen to his spot, not believing what happened in such a short amount of time. "Toni I'm sorry."

He didn't expect the sudden emotion in her voice but when it came, he felt horrible.

"Goodnight, Darren." She croaked.

He knew to an outsider that her anger was over the top and unnecessary, but he knew the real reason why she was so upset.

It seemed like he didn't want another baby.

It wasn't that at all. He just felt that at their age and the age of their youngest, Micah, who was eleven, that they wouldn't have any more kids.

He really had to make this up to her.

***

Rory was very amused at Elena's cheery smiled.

"So, he just kissed you? That's so cute!"