CH 10: Assumptions

Song for the chap: Skinny Love- Bon Iver

Darren was starting to worry about Toni. It was nearly one in the afternoon and she was still asleep. Yes, he woke up a little later than usual because of the night before but it was getting late.

He spent an hour or two talking to Jeremy and joking how they used to back in highschool.

"Such immature pricks," Luna mumbled as she finally left the kitchen after sitting through their whole conversation.

"What's up with her?" Darren asked. Jeremy sighed and leaned against the counter as he ran his hands over his face.

"She's been buggin' lately."

"About..."

"I-I don't know...she thinks...she thinks I'm cheating on her."

Darren's eyes widened, "What?"

"She hasn't said it but you know how she is. She's expressive. She's not talking to me and is on my phone all the time."

"But you guys were fine just last night" Darren corrected.

"She has her...needs," Jeremy tinged, referring to how their night was spent last night.

Darren shivered in disgust at the images he had flowing through his mind. "Well, are you?"

"What?! No, why would you even ask that?"

"Chill, it's just you and me here."

"Well no I'm not. I love her."

Darren saw the conflict in his friends eyes and sighed. "Then what has her buggin'?"

"I guess I've been distant."

"How come?"

"You know how I've been working a lot right?" "Yeah." "Well she thinks it's an excuse," he groaned. "I've been meaning to ask you why you've been working so damn much."

"I...I got her a ring," Jeremy mumbled with red cheeks as he gazed at the floor between them.

"A ring?" Darren smiled in amusement at how his best friend got around his more outgoing, crazy best friend.

"I wanna marry her, man," Jeremy sighed when he looked back at Darren.

"I'm happy for you," Darren chuckled as he 'bro clapped' Jeremy.

"You think she'll say yes?"

"The girl is crazy about you. Of course she will."

"Well...thanks for talking to me. I know Luna won't."

"She'll come around, I swear."

Jeremy nodded.

"Alright, I'll see you later. I gotta go wake Toni up."

"You know these walls are thin right? We heard a lot."

"Shut up," Darren pushed him away and headed to his room.

***

Darren leaned over Toni and kissed her cheek, "Wake up."

She moaned and rolled over onto her stomach. "Come on, Toni, it's nearly one o'clock."

"I'm tired."

He moved the hair from her face. "You shouldn't be that tired."

She fluttered her eyes open, "You wore me out last night, baby."

He softly chuckled and laid beside her, laying an arm over her waist. "Give me another half hour," she suggested. He sighed, "Alright, but only half."

"Thank you," she whispered and closed her eyes again. Darren decided to lay there too but the temptation of having her next to him nearly naked had him thinking about other things.