Ch 12: The Story Begins

Chapter 11 might be restricted. I can't tell so please let me know. Wattpad sent me a message about my ratings and such but that's all they really said so please let me know. To read chapter 11 you might have to follow me, remove my story from your library, and then re-add it. I know it's confusing but that's how I read 'restricted' chapters on other stories. If you are not following me and can read chapter 11, send a message or comment below. Thanks >.<

I look in the mirror and this isn't a girl I want to see. 

"Antonia, honey, we have guests."

I sigh and fix my make-up once more. My dad has invited some people over and he's been hinting about a guy. I can't stand to look at my parents' faces right now so more people isn't what I want at all.

Toni never felt this type of sadness. Never. Over the past week she's slept, ate and whimpered under her covers. She had no phone for communication and the only thing she held on of Darren's was that envelope her gave her and that little note he left on her bedside table. Thinking about the envelope made her eyes water once again. She could recite it by heart because of the amount of times she re-read it.

Toni,

The first thing I want to say is I'm sorry. I would have never said what I did if I knew better. I was being insecure and counting down the days until I'd lose you. I knew a girl like you wouldn't put up with me for much longer...I guess that shows what I know. You're perfect to me, for me.

I've only had one relationship before you and I don't think freshman year of high school should count. She was older and not even a month later she cheated on me. I felt like I wasn't good enough and that kind of ruined it for me. I was this cocky guy (still am) and didn't really care anymore. 

When I met you I thought you were this really fun girl and really wanted to get to know you. That night at the new years eve party just made me think of you so much differently and when I kissed you I knew you'd do something to me.

Now here we are and we have come such a long way. I love you and I know I messed  up. 

I also want to say that I'm getting drafted. Well I was getting drafted. The lakers head coach called my mom, asking if I wanted to go to their conditioning and she said yes. After finding out that you're pregnant I thought about it a lot. I made a big decision and I decided to decline. This has been my dream for ages but I'd give it all up for a life with you. I hope you can forgive me and see that I'm serious about this. 

Love, 

Darren

Toni felt horrible. He gave it all up just so she could be forced to leave. She hoped he reconsidered but knowing Darren and his hope for her return, she had a doubt he would.

She ran her hands down her floral sundress and left out of her bathroom. Going down the stairs she already felt like crying again. She missed her friends.

"Here she is," her mother announced, sending a sad smile her way. Toni forced one back and looked over the people, one face standing out like a sore thumb.

"Martha, Nathan, this is Antonia."

She softly smiled and held out a hand to greet the middle-aged couple.

"Kyle says you two went to high school together," the woman, Martha, says. Toni looks to the womans side to indeed see Kyle. The same Kyle she had the kid-crush on and took her innocence with harsh words.

She hadn't seen him since graduation less than three years ago and she wanted to keep it that way. Instead of denying his scummy existence she shyly, fakely waved his way. "Yes, I remember."