CH 6: Feeling Used and Confused

Toni felt horrible...and fat. Shoving spoonfuls of icecream down her throat sure did make her feel better for the time being. She was an emotional wreck, watching liftetime movies, because mother nature decided to give her little 'gift' early this month. Guys had it better that's for sure.

She groaned, rolling over onto her stomach because the light of the TV was annoying her. She set the tub of icecream on her nightstand and threw the covers off of her.

Man, I'm hot.

She thought. She hated this time of the month. One moment she's hot and another cold and then she wants icecream.

She nearly cursed Luna for her absence.

Who told her to be gone for a almost a week?

Luna would take care of Toni during these times because Luna would do the same with her younger sister back home. She'd buy Toni things she'd need and even rub her back to comfort her.

She missed her best friend.

Her phone rang and she subconsciously rolled her eyes before answering it.

"Hello?"

"I'm so sorry I can't be there right now," Luna rushed into the phone.

How she knew Toni's cycle better than Toni herself was a mystery.

"It still freaks me out that you know my period better than I do."

"We've been roommates for almost two years. I know you."

"Yeah whatever. I feel like crap."

"Get up and get some tylenol."

"We ran out and my body aches too much to buy some."

"Excuses. You'll have to do this on your own ."

Toni groaned, "Don't remind me. I'm gonna take a nap."

"Ok. Hope it gets better. You know how the first day is."

"Yeah, I know. I miss you." "I miss you too. I'll see you." "Bye." "Bye."

She stuffed her phone under her pillow and tried falling asleep. After a few uncomfortable minutes she finally got some rest.

Not even twenty minutes passed when there was a knock on the door. She punched at her pillow in frustration. She could always act like she wasn't home but the volume of the television deceived her. She got out of her bed, fixed at her sweatpants and tanktop, and went to answer the door.

"What the hell do you want?" she asked once she saw who was at her door.

"Well hello to you too," he replied, walking past her to let himself in. She shut the door and turned to face him.

"Seriously, Darren, what do you want?"

"I'm bored...again." "Yipee for you, now leave." "Well someone is having an attitude today."

He looked around the dorm room and nearly laughed because one half was decorated differently than the other.

That was Luna and Toni for you.

"I've never been inside this place before."

"And you won't be for long if you leave right now."

"What's up with y-Whoa you look like crap."

"How flattering," she rolls her eyes and walks to the kitchenette where she had some water on the stove. It was cold now so she turned on the fire to heat it up again.

She walked back to her bed to see him sitting on the edge of it. "You wont be very entertained here," she sighed, sliding into her bed.

"Are you bleeding?" he asked more of a joke than anything so he was kind of surprised when she answered, "So?"