Chapter 16 - The First Month

A/N Quick chappy on here as well! This is most likely just going to be a one page update since the end of the story is coming. Hope you enjoy it though :)

----------------------------------------------

One month had past.

One month since the mistake was made.

One month since the love of my life tried to take his own life.

One month of total torture.

One month since I found out that he was in a coma..

It wasn't the funnest thing to go through. It was actually quite horrible.

I went to go see him every single day. Most nights I would just sleep in his hospital room, afraid that he'll wake up while I'm at home.

But he never does wake up. He continues to sleep peacefully on his hospital bed, his soft breaths filling the room. His breaths and the loud sound of the heart monitor attached to him.

Though it could get quite annoying to some people, the heart monitor strangely brought me peace. It reminded me that he was alive.

It reminded me that there still is hope.

Reminded me that I just have to continue to fight strong..

I didn't like seeing him like he was. Wires stuck out in strange places and doctors came in to check up on him almost every hour.

I tried to think of it as he was just taking a long nap. But even as a nap, it could be a nap that he would not wake up from.

I didn't want to think like that. I didn't want to believe that there was a possibility that he wouldn't come back to me.

That I wouldn't be able to feel his warm hand holding mine. I wouldn't get to hear that wonderful laugh of his. I wouldn't be able to see those beautiful green eyes again..

But I couldn't let him be gone. I wouldn't let it happen. I would do all it takes to make sure he would wake up . Even if that meant giving up my life.

I cried a lot lately. Every night actually. Normally, Harry would hold me to him and sing me to sleep, and without him my nights continued to be reckless, placing dark shadows under my eyes.

I woke up every morning expecting to feel his warmth close to me. Expectation to feel his soft lips on my forehead with his husky morning voice greeting me with a good morning.

I kept wanting to blame myself. I knew it wasn't actually my fault, but in a way, I felt it was.

If I hadn't been on the phone with Stan and had been with him, non of this would have happened. But how could I have known that he would pull something like he did?

I thought he had been so happy.. With us being newly engaged and all. And when I thought about it for awhile, I couldn't help but wonder, did he do this because of me?

Had I done something?

Had said something I didn't mean?

Had I completely ruined everything for us both?

Tears brimmed in my eyes and I coughed back a sob.

I just wish he'd wake up.

---------------------

A/N Like I said before this was meant to be only a one page update. For the next 5 chapters they are all going to be one page updates. Each of them talking about how Louis is coping through each month without Harry. << Hope that clears things up a bit c;

Comment/Fan/Vote x

~Lizzy xx