Forgotten (Criminal Minds Fanfiction/Sequel to Boss's Niece)

Prologue:

*Mel's POV*

It had been a year since Reid, oops, Spencer (I gotta get used to saying that) and I got engaged. The wedding was in three months and I'm not sure who was more nervous, me or Spencer.

We were both super nervous considering we know the statistic probability of a divorce, but since Spencer and I loved each other enough to get together, despite what Uncle Hotch thought, I knew we wouldn't get a divorce.

One night, Spencer and I were finishing up a bit of paper work when Morgan walked in and ruffled Spencer's hair.

"Hey. Three months, Kid. You ready?" he asked.

Spencer looked at me and smiled.

"Of course."

I smiled back at him.

Soon, we finished the paper work and got up to go. We walked out of the office, hand in hand, towards my small, silver Toyota.

"I need a better car." I said as we got closer to the car and I fished the keys from my pocket.

"Why? It's a nice car. I like it." Spencer said.

"It's so tiny, Reiders!" I said. "I want something bigger. Something that won't make Morgan laugh at me."

Spencer laughed. He put an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close, kissing my head in the process. This was not the Spencer Reid I met a year ago. This is the Spencer Reid that managed to come out of his shell over the past year just for his fiancée.

I smiled and hit the button on my car keys to unlock it. The tale lights lit up. There was a flash and everything went black.