Seeing The Dress

With the gun tight in hand, I walked into the bedroom. There was only one thing I was looking for.

There was one window. I made sure the blinds were closed and the window was locked. Feeling safe, I put the gun on the table and opened the closet.

I searched until I seen a big black bag that was used to cover dresses. I smiled and carefully pulled it out of the closet. I placed it on the bed and opened it.

I could've swore I heard the angels sing when I opened it. The dress looked so beautiful. I picked up the hanger the dress was on and pulled the bag off of it. Placing the bag on the bed, I took the dress off the hook.

Placing it on the bed as well, I stripped down into nothing but my underwear and bra. I picked up the dress and stepped into it. I zipped up the back and turned to look at myself in the mirror.

The dress hugged my body around the chest and torso and then flowed down around my legs. It was long in the back, but I figured I'd wear high heels.

It was strapless, something that didn't surprise me. I didn't like most of the dresses with sleeves. They were always too frilly or the sleeves didn't seem to match the dress.

As I admired myself in the mirror, someone spoke.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

I quickly grabbed my gun and pointed it to the doorway, seeing the voice came from Jennifer.

"Woah! Mel! It's just me!" she said, putting up her hands in a surrender form.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry Jennifer." I said. "I'm just a bit, you know, paranoid."

"It's okay. I think we all are."

Jennifer sat on the bed as I turned back to the mirror, putting the gun down and looking at the dress.

"We were looking at a pair of sparkly heels. They aren't overly tall and they have the toes out. I know how much you love those." Jennifer said.

"I do." I said, smiling at her over my shoulder. "What about make up? I can see that smokey eye color that you see in those commercials. Maybe a bit of pink lipstick."

 Jennifer laughed.

"Wow, you must not be okay. You would never let me or Garcia within 3 feet of you if we were trying to put make up on you."

"Well, this is my wedding we're talking about! Whether I like it or not, I have to wear make up, right?"

"I guess. I'll do your make up for you."

"Good. Although I just met her, I know somewhere in my brain that I should not trust her with my make up."

The two of us laughed. I smiled at myself in the mirror as I thought about my wedding. How everyone's eyes would be on me. How my father would probably be crying. While everyone would be looking at me, I'd be looking at Spencer. I hoped with all my heart I'd remember him. I wanted to remember him so badly.

"I shouldn't ask this, but anything?" I asked.

"What?" Jennifer asked.

"Anything on...Justin? Have you gotten any clues as to where he is or anything?"

"No, honey. Not yet, but we're looking."

I sighed. That's all I've been hearing and I didn't know if I believed it anymore.

"Do you wanna know who the Maid of Honor is?" Jennifer asked.

"Who?" I asked.

"Me."

I turned to look Jennifer in the eye. Her smile was wide and she looked proud. I didn't know what to say, but I knew it was a good choice. Jennifer has been nothing but nice to me and Spencer had told me how we had been best friends since I joined the BAU.

"Garcia wasn't very happy about it, but she's a Bride's Maid. She should be happy." she joked.

We both laughed. After a bit longer, I tugged off the dress and placed it, carefully, back in the closet. I smiled and whispered to myself, "Three more months."

*This is what she's gonna look like at the wedding. That ring is the closest to how I pictured the engagement ring http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=92877532*