What Do You Know?

*Mel's POV*

I stormed into Spencer's apartment, feeling confused and angry. Spencer followed, closing the door behind me and trying to calm me down.

"Mel, please. Just, calm down? Everything's going to be okay." he said.

I didn't listen. I went to the kitchen, grabbed a glass and filled it with the cold tap water. I drank the glass in one gulp and held it in my hand. Finally, I slammed it down into the counter and turned to Spencer, who looked afraid.

"What do you know?!" I snapped.

"What?" Spencer asked.

"What do you know?!" I replied. "You're my so called FBI agent fiancé! I you were a good agent, you would've known that Justin was watching me!"

"Mel, it's not that easy to know-"

"And!" I continued, ignoring whatever he was saying. "If you really are my fiancé, you should know the most secret things about me! The things I'd never tell anyone else!"

"Like I said, you're a mystery, Mel. You rarely tell anyone anything. You're a closed book that's written in a different language." he said.

"And you've read every book known to man in every language known to man! You should know SOMETHING about me that no one else knows!"

I ran my fingers through my hair. I was so upset and angry. I didn't know who I could and couldn't trust and I couldn't remember anything. I needed to know that it wasn't a mistake trusting Spencer and that he really was the man I was going to marry in three months.

I looked Spencer in the eye and prayed that there was something he knew that no one else did.

"You told me about Justin." he finally said, softly.

"Big deal. I told Molly, too." I said.

"Um, you, uh, you have been trying to get your PhD in Biology while you were studying Chemistry, but you dropped out of collage before you could because of Justin."

"Dad knows."

I could see I was hurting him by fighting back, but I had to. I had to know that this was all real and I wasn't just sitting in the house of someone who would take me to Justin the first chance they got.

"Mel." he whispered. "What do you want me to tell you?"

"Tell me something that no one else knows, now or ever. Something not even the team knows." I replied.

He sighed and his eyes wandered the kitchen. I felt something inside of me sink when I realized he probably didn't know anything and that I probably shouldn't have trusted him.

I walked out of the kitchen and to the door, ready to go back to my uncle's before anything else could happen, when Spencer spoke up.

"You can see things!"

I turned and looked at him.

"What?" I asked although I know what he said and I knew what he meant.

"You, uh, you can see things. Things no one else can see, except the person you are." he said. "If you focus hard enough, you can become someone else. You did it for your third case on the BAU. You visualized yourself as the UnSub and you seen how he was abducting children. You told me you've been able to do it for a long time. You had no control over it, but you do now because you some how trained yourself to be able to do it when you needed to and not at random times."

I looked him in his brown eyes.

"You know my-" I trailed off, not sure what to call it. "I must've trusted you with something that would make you think I was a freak."

"You're not a freak, Mel. It has really helped us." Spencer said, walking up to me. "It's a gift. You were gonna tell them. The team and your dad. We were gonna tell them our next case because you wanted them to know. You said I...I made you feel special when I used to say stuff about your gift. The good kind." he rambled.

I quickly leaned forward and kissed him to shut him up. He wrapped his arms around my back and held me close. I felt the spark as our lips moved in sync. I finally pushed away.

"I feel like I can trust you-" I started.

"Good. Don't ever lose that feeling." Spencer cut me off. "You can always trust me. I'll love you till the end of time."

I felt my eyes water up. I've never had a guy tell me that before. I may not remember anything, but I was suddenly falling for Spencer again. I understood why I did the first time.

"I wanna do something fun!" I said, pushing away from Spencer. He raised and eyebrow at me as I looked at his bookshelf. I remembered seeing something there earlier.

"Here!"

I pulled out a box with a chess board and it's pieces.

"Let's play!" I said, sitting at the dinning room table and setting up the game. "I'm the white ones."

Spencer stood at the door, looking at me in surprise. I looked up at him.

"What? I played chess all the time in collage when I wasn't studying." I said. "Do I not play it here?"

"No. Well, yes, you do. You sure you remember how to play."

I cocked an eyebrow.

"Is that some sort of joke?" I asked. He laughed and sat down across from me. I set up the board and we played together.

4 games later, I was ready to give up. I had lost every single one of them.

"How many times have you played chess?" I asked.

"A lot. I've tried to play through every permutation of moves on a chess board." he replied, not taking his eyes off the chess board as he made his move. "Go."

I made mine.

"Isn't that an infinite number?" I asked.

Spencer shook his head. "Just exponentially large."

My eyes widened as I mouthed "Wow!"

I made my move. Spencer moved again and declared checkmate. I stared, wide eyed at the board before getting up.

"I quit!" I exclaimed and marched off to the couch as Spencer laughed.

"But you never quit. On weekend nights, we'd pretty much sit here all night playing until you finally won at least once!" he said.

"Yeah, but I'm playing against a genius right now and I barley remember anything." I replied.

"Actually, I got so good because I used to play against Gideon on the private jet to and from Virginia for cases."

I sat up and turned to Spencer, a smile on my face.

"Gideon!" I said. Now that was a name I remembered. "Man, I miss him. He and I were super close. Whenever I visited my uncle, he'd give me something."

"Yeah. He was a cool guy. I can't believe he just up and left, though. But we've been doing pretty good without him."

I sat back and sighed.

"What I wouldn't do to see him again." I said.