Amnesia Sucks

*Mel's POV*

The tall, muscular man, Derek Morgan, and I drove to an apartment building. Spencer Reid's. My fiancé's.

It was weird for me to say that. Fiancé. I had sworn off love when Justin and I broke up. I guess that swear was broken when I met Spencer. If only I could remember him.

I spun the ring on my ring finger over and over. My engagement ring. It was a goldish color and the jewel on it was small with two pedle like things sticking out the sides. It looked like a flower. It was small, but beautiful. I didn't need big flashy things to be impressed or anything.

"Mel?" Derek said.

I looked up at him.

"Everything okay?" he asked.

I started to nod, but then stopped. He was my friend, right? I could trust him' right? I felt like I could trust him.

"I just-I'm just a bit...you know...confused?" I said, although it sounded like a question. "I mean, there's so much going on, it's hard to grasp it all."

"Well, how about I give you one thing to grasp before you try to put anything else on your plate." he offered.

"Okay. Shoot."

"Reid. He's been your fiancé for a year, but it was only last month that you started calling him that because you guys have only been dating for a little over a year." he said. I nodded. Sounds like something I'd do. "It'll kill Reid if you don't remember him in time for your wedding, so try to focus on him first, okay?"

"Okay." I said, nodding. "Okay."

"Alright. Let's go."

We climbed out of the black, FBI issued SUV. I passed Derek the key as he knew where Spencer's apartment was and I didn't.

He lead me up a few flights of stairs and to an apartment at the end of the hall. He unlocked the door and opened it, passing me the key again.

I walked in and looked around. The apartment was small. One bedroom, a bathroom, a joined kitchen and living room. I actually had always wanted a small apartment like this when I was younger. I never did like big houses.

The living room had about three or four book shelves. Three of them were completely full. The fourth one had only three shelves out of the five full and all the books were mine.

"Hey." I said, walking over to the shelf. "These are mine."

"Well you have been living here for the past 7 months. Officially, I mean." Derek said.

"Oh." I said. "That makes sense."

Derek stood, leaning against the wall. He looked cool. Me, on the other hand. Well, I probably looked really awkward. I was just standing there. I didn't know what to do. Was I supposed to sit down? Go in the bedroom and lie in bed?

"So, um, do you want something to drink?" I asked, picking at my ring again.

Derek chuckled.

"I'd say a bear, but it's only 11:00 and I know that Boy Genius doesn't drink. Especially not after he started dating you." he replied.

I raised and eyebrow and looked up.

"Why doesnt he drink since he started dating me?" I asked.

"You told him the story about Justin. He refused to become like Justin, so he doesn't drink. He still goes to clubs, but it's usually a special occasion and he'll have nothing but water or club soda."

"He wouldn't hurt me. He doesn't seem the type." I said.

"Keep thinking that because when he gets his hands on whoever did this to you, you'll see the tough side of Reid come out."

I nodded, awkwardly. Spencer was tall, thin and not very muscular. I couldn't see him hurting anyone, but I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.

Suddenly, Derek's phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and answered it.

"Hey Baby Girl. What do you got for me?" he asked.

I tried to remember if they told me who "Baby Girl" was, or if I could remember in general.

Derek noticed my confusion and mouthed, "Garcia."

Penelope. Okay. She's Baby Girl. Noted.

Derek's face changed as Penelope said something to him. He looked at me and then walked into Spencer's bedroom. Curious, I walked over, quietly, to hear what they were saying.

"What's wrong?" he asked. Pause. "What? S-slow down. You're talking too fast. Start again. Okay. Finger prints on the bomb. They belonged to who?"

Then, silence. I thought they had ended their conversation or something, but then I heard Derek say, "Okay. I'll let her know. Bye."

Quickly, I raced to the couch and sat down, acting as if I hadn't heard anything he just said, but, I was still curious. Finger prints on the bomb? The same bomb on my car?

Derek exited the room, phone still in hand. He looked at me. I looked up and attempted to smile as if I never heard anything.

"Mel, I need to tell you something."

*Dun dun duuuun. ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER!! AND ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER!! PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!*