Threats

Another day came to an end as the sun set and the sky turned dark. Gideon spent the rest of the day there until Spencer came home from work looking exhausted as ever.

"Thanks, Gideon." he said in a quiet voice as Gideon got ready to leave. He nodded and smiled at us before leaving.

"Hey." I said, smiling as Spencer plopped himself down next to me.

"Hi." he replied in a monotone voice, much like Uncle Hotch's.

"You okay?" I asked. He rested his head against the back of the couch and let out a long sigh.

"Just tired." he admitted. "I didn't really sleep last night and we've been running around town all day when someone cries 'wolf' claiming they seen Justin."

"You should sleep, Spencer." I said, hugging his arm. He looked at me.

"Not until you're safe." he whispered.

"I am safe!" I said. "As long as I'm with you, I know it." As a joke, I added, "It's one of the few things I know."

Luckily, this made him laugh. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. He rubbed his nose against mine and softly kissed my lips.

"How was your day with Gideon?" he asked when he pulled away.

"It was good. We played some chess. I won once." I said.

"You won?!" he asked, surprised. "What'd you do? Cheat?"

"I used my that so called 'gift' of mine."

"You cheated!"

I laughed and said, "It doesn't count as cheating if I can't help it!"

We both laughed. We had the TV on, but neither was watching. Spencer leaned his head and muttered something about Justin and how much he wanted him to....off.

"You need to relax." I said. He looked at me. I smiled and kissed him.

It started off as just a peck, but it quickly turned passionate. I found myself on my knees, leaning into the kiss while Spencer wrapped his arms around my neck, holding me close.

I quickly got on his lap, straddling him. I picked at his tie as he picked at my short buttons.

Suddenly, my cell phone rang. We broke from our kiss. I reached for my phone and answered, still on his lap.

The caller ID read: "blocked".

"Hello, Melanie Hotchner." I said, still out a little out of breath.

"Hello Mel." said a spine chilling voice.

"Who is this?" I asked, attempting to push Spencer away. He has me trapped to him and was kissing my neck.

"I think you know." the voice replied.

"I honestly don't. Your number is blocked and, I'm not sure if you've heard, but I lost my memory not to long ago."

"Oh, I know. I was the one who did that to you."

I froze. Spencer stopped kissing my neck and looked up at me.

"Who is it?" he asked.

I looked down at him. I looked at his beautiful eyes. I was at a loss for words.

"Justin." I finally managed.

*Reid's POV*

I grabbed her phone as she fell off my lap and onto the couch next to me in utter shock.

"Justin." I growled into the phone.

"Hey Spencer! How are you?" Justin said in a tone that made it sound like we had been best friends for a long time as a posed to the fact that he was trying to kill my fiancée.

"Shut up!" I snapped.

"Woah! Feisty, are we?" he teased. "Listen, not to be rude, but I called to talk to Mel, not you, so can you put her back on the phone, please?"

"No. You're talking to me."

"Okay! That's gonna make this a lot more fun!"

There was something in his voice. Something I didn't like. Mel looked up at me, her eyes looked scared.

"What do you want?" I snarled. "You took he memory, isn't that enough?"

"Fortunately, no." Justin replied. "Taking her memory of you isn't enough. I know you're working to get it back. And, since you're a genius, I know you'll find a way to regain her memory."

"What's your point?" I asked.

"My point is, taking away her memory of you is only a minor accomplishment. I want both of you to pay for what you did to me."

"We didn't do anything, Justin. This is all your own fault."

"So," he continued, ignoring that I had spoke. "I need to take bigger measures. I need to separate you two once and for all."

"And how do you plan on doing that?"

"You'll see." he said, his voice cold and evil. "Let's just say, the next time you say goodbye to her, make sure it's a he'll of a good goodbye, cause it might be the last thing you ever say to her."

There was a click and he was gone. I laid Mel's phone on the coffee table. She quickly sat up.

"What? What's wrong? What's gonna happen?" I asked.

"Nothing." I replied. "I'm gonna make sure you're safe. That psychopath isn't gonna get you."

I lightly kissed her lips.

"I promise."

Forgotten (Criminal Minds Fanfiction/Sequel to Boss's Niece)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara