He's Back

I burst through the BAU glass doors, Mel following on my heels.

"Why the hell didn't you guys tell me it was Justin?!" I asked Morgan and Garcia, who were talking to each other by Morgan's desk.

"Woah, Reid, just calm down!" Morgan said.

"I'm sorry, Derek. I told him. I had to." Mel said from behind me.

"It's okay, Mel." Garcia said. "And the reason why we didn't tell you was because we knew you'd act like this and you have other things on your mind. Like getting your fiancée to remember you."

I turned and looked at Mel, who looked Ike a combination of guilty and nervous. I turned back.

"Have you found anything else yet?" I asked.

"A few things." Garcia replied. "But we're meeting in the Conference Room to talk about it all."

I walked towards the Conference Room. The Mel's soft footsteps followed. I sat down in my usual spot and put my head in my hands, frustrated. I thought we were done with Justin when we put him in jail.

"Spen-Reiders." Mel said.

I looked up at her. No one knew how good it felt to hear her call me that. She sat next to me and sighed.

"Everything's going to be okay. You guys will catch him. You did before." she said, rubbing my arm, reassuringly.

"But he managed to put you in hospital before we did. What if he does it again, Mel? I can't have that."

"Don't worry, Reiders. You guys-we'll catch him."

I sighed and put my hand on hers, hoping she was right.

Everyone came in and sat around the table. Mel smiled as many of them addressed her and asked how she was, although they had seen her a few hours before. Everyone took their seats as Garcia started.

"Most of you in this room right now know what I'm about to say, but I thought I'd informs the rest of you on what I found together."she started and clicked a button in the remote. Up popped a picture of a time bomb, the bomb from Mel's car. "Reid and Rossi found this in the trunk of Mel's burnt up car. I did a sweep on it and there were fingerprints left. And the fingerprints...they belonged to an old friend. Justin."

"What?" Rossi said, sitting up. "Didn't we put him away a year ago after he finished beating the crap outta Mel?"

Mel shuttered. I was kind of glad that she couldn't remember the beating.

"That's what I thought. At first, I thought it was fake or my computer read it wrong, so Morgan and I did some searching."

"Justin broke out of prison a week ago. He's had a year to plan, so I'm not surprised he attacked so soon." Morgan added.

"How did he break out?" Hotch asked. "Did he have an accomplice?"

"Well, actually, he broke out the same way The Reaper did, except a bit...bloodier." Garcia said. She clicked the button. Up popped a picture of a woman and two men, the woman and man dressed in hospital clothes and the other man dressed in police clothes. "He took a beating in prison. He got to the hospital, stabbed the police officer with him, the nurse and the doctor who tried to stop him. Two out of the three are dead."

"Please tell me it's not the woman." Mel said. Everyone turned to her. She looked scared, sympathetic and also guilty.

"The nurse is fine." Garcia said, smiling at her. "Ironically, she's in hospital right now. We're gonna send someone tomorrow to question her. See if Justin said anything."

"I wanna go." Mel piped up.

"Let me go with her." Blake added. "She'll be safer with a team member than on her own and the nurse is more likely to talk to girls."

Hotch sighed.

"I guess, but watch your backs, okay? We don't know where Justin is." he said.

"That's the other thing." Garcia continued. "Even though the bomb is a time bomb, it was remotely detonated."

"So, what, he breaks into the trunk of the car, places the bomb which will explode when Mel pushes the unlock button on her key?" Rossi said.

"No, actually. It was detonated with a cellular device."

"A cell phone?" JJ asked. "How would he set off the bomb with a cell phone at the right moment if-"

The room went quiet as everyone realized the answer to JJ's question and looked around. Most everyone in the room turned to Mel, who still looked clueless.

"What?" she asked. "What does this mean?"

"If he set off the bomb with a cell phone-" Rossi started.

"-it means he was watching you." Blake finished.

Mel looked up at me with wide eyes. This just got way scarier for her.

*Short chapter!! Sorry!! Longer ones coming soon along with a surprise, but I'm not telling what it is ;)*