CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I stared at the white ceiling of the room. Why couldn't I sleep? I was exhausted. All I wanted was to sleep but all my brain wanted to do was think. Think about Nathan and how much I liked being around him.

It was dangerous.

I knew it.

I sighed as I rolled over to the side of the bed suddenly missing home. I missed my dad and Nick and Rachel-even my mom-who hadn't once called me to ask how I was. Christmas was a week away and I found myself wishing I was in New York.

The door opened and I sat up quickly. I squinted my eyes when Patrick turned on the light.

"Ow," I complained shutting my eyes.

"You have to bring him inside," Patrick said as he walked in.

"What?" I asked, still trying to adjust my eyes to the light.

"You have to bring him inside," Patrick repeated. "He's planning on spending the night outside you know, to protect you. He must be tired," He half smiled. "He must really like you."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Or maybe he's just doing his job?"

"We both know it's more than that," Patrick said.

"Where are you going?" I asked trying to change the subject. I noticed he was wearing jeans with a white, button down shirt. He was wearing a watch and the curls on top of his head were really working for him, he looked very handsome. I could smell his cologne from where I was sitting.

"With a friend," He said with a wink. "You'll have the place to yourselves..." he said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Shut up," I said throwing a pillow at him.

He laughed as he made his way out. "Love you too!" he yelled.

"Just go to sleep Hannah," I whispered to myself as I laid alone in my room. I heard the front door open and then being shut closed. Patrick must have left. "Just sleep."

Oh, who was I kidding?

With a defeated sigh, I stood up and made my way downstairs. I was barefoot and was only wearing my pajama shorts with a shirt that I regretted as soon as I opened the door. It was cold tonight.

"Hannah? Is everything alright?" Nathan asked as soon as he saw me, his eyes were scanning my body, searching.

"No," I told him. "You need to go sleep."

"I don't need sleep."

I crossed my arms on my chest. "Bullshit."

He turned to look at me with an amused look on his face. "Hannah Collins, you have a very dirty mouth."

I shook my head with a smile. "Just come inside and get some sleep okay?" I asked.

He smirked. "With you?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Is everything a joke to you?"

"No," he said as he looked away. He was looking outside, which was basically the parking lot and the beach. I could see some shadows of people playing volleyball but other than that, there was no where close by.

"Nathan, there's no one outside," I said then reached for his hand. "Come inside."

He smiled. "You know I can't say no to you."

I turned around so he wouldn't see my smile and pulled him inside.

"You really do have nice legs, Collins," Nathan said as he shut the door.

"Shut it," I said feeling self-conscious.

He sat down on the couch and I looked at him for a moment. It was crazy how good-looking he was. He always wore identical suits and it still seemed to amaze me how handsome he was.