CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

The next morning, I woke up to someone moving me.

"Stop," I groaned, my voice hoarse from sleeping. My eyes flew open when I felt myself fall off the bed.

"Wake up!"

I frowned at my mom from the floor. "Mom? What's going on?" I asked pulling my hair away from my face.

"Get dressed!" she said as she pulled the curtains open. "Breakfast is ready and we have guests."

"What?" I asked as I stood up and got back on the bed. "I don't want breakfast, I want sleep."

What was she up to? I couldn't remember the last day she was in my room. Was this her warm welcoming?

"Hannah Collins," She warned giving me the look.

"I'm tired." I complained.

She glared at me from the doorway. "You can sleep later. Right now, you have to get downstairs. Don't make me come for you again," She warned before walking out, shutting the door behind her.

I sighed then checked the time.

8:13 am

With another sigh, I got off the bed.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. My hair wasn't agreeing with me so I put it up on a high ponytail, I didn't want to deal with it right now. I changed into jeans with a pale pink long sleeved blouse and then made my way out of the room slowly. I could hear loud noise coming from the living room when I reached the stairs.

I was so not in the mood to socialize.

It almost made me want to turn around and hide back in my room but at the same time, my mom hadn't paid so much attention to me in a long time. Whoever she wanted me to meet-it was important to her and I didn't want to disappoint her. Having her attention felt nice. She was acknowledging me again.

With that sermon in my head, I took a deep breath and walked down the stairs. The dining room didn't have the exaggerated table for twenty people-my dad didn't want that. It was a table big enough for our family-eight people. Not all of us were here all the time anyway so a bigger table wasn't necessary. Today, one of them was occupied by my mom and another two were occupied by two strangers.

Four pairs of eyes looked at me when I walked in.

Geez.

"Good morning...?" I greeted awkwardly.

My mom stood up and walked to me quickly. She was wearing a maroon pencil dress with black high heels. Her hair was pulled back but she still looked beautiful. She placed her hand on my back and pushed me forward.

The two strangers stood up and looked at me as we approached them.

"Hannah, this is Lisa. She is an old friend from high school," My mom said with a smile.

I looked at Lisa. She seemed to be my mom's age. She had short, blond hair and two round, hazel eyes. She was wearing black dressed pants with a blue button down blouse. She had a lot of jewelry-two earrings on each ear, a necklace and a lot of rings and gold bracelets in both of her wrists. She smiled as she offered me her hand. I shook it.

"I am so happy to finally meet you. Your mother has told me all about you."

"Really?" I asked turning to look at my mom.

My mom ignored my comment and continued on. "This is her son, George."

George was tall with a slim but toned body. He had short, blond hair and hazel eyes. He resembled his mom except that he wore squared glasses. He was wearing a red button down shirt that was tucked into his khaki dressed pants.