chapter ten

***

Walking home, Dan, Phil and Connor constantly chat, well, on their phones at least...

Dan: you have to leave by four thirty, dad gets home at five.

Phil: but that's only like an hour!

Dan: sorry Phil but you are never meeting my dad again

Phil: party pooper :/

Connor: it's okay Phil, there's always Skype for your long distance relationship.

Phil: haha very funny.

Dan: Connor the comedian

Phil: Connor has lost his FRANTAstic sense of humour

Connor: oi! no I haven't! You just lost your sense of humour Phil Pester.

Dan: I'm surrounded by idiots...

Dan laughs as Connor shoves him playfully. They arrive at Dan's house a few minutes later, following Dan inside to the kitchen to get a snack.

"Quinn! Stop eating all the good food!" Connor complains as he sees Dan's brother shoving chips in his mouth, "how does one little kid eat so much? Seriously."

"Who's that?" Phil asks, gesturing to Quinn, who stops eating to look up at him, "is it Dan's brother?"

"Yes, I'm the hotter Howell," he says, grinning proudly at his sad attempt at humor, and Dan shoves him playfully, smiling fondly at his little brother.

"Hello I'm Phil, and I'm amazing," Phil says, grinning and making Dan roll his eyes at his friend.

Dan sighs, shoving past his friends and brother, taking random packets of food out of the cupboard and fridge before practically pushing Phil and Connor out and upstairs to his room.

Connor takes up residence on Dan's black, leather desk chair, spinning back and forth, driving Dan insane as he opens his mathematics text book. Him and Phil are sharing Dan's bed, Dan leaning against the headboard, his legs stretched out, and Phil on the end leaning against the wall, his legs crossed as he looks down at his new assignment with a look of pure confusion.

"Will you stop spinning?!" Phil yells suddenly, sending Connor a look of death, "I need to understand this. Sit on the floor."

"No, we need to mutually decide this," Connor says, crossing his arms, "Dan, is it distracting or annoying you? Do you want me to sit on the floor like a peasant?"

Dan nods his head, giving Connor a knowing look, relieved he will finally stop, although Dan partly thinks it's the coffees they have from staying up late.

"So yes it isn't distracting you?" Connor tries, raising an eyebrow hopefully, "yes I shouldn't sit on the floor?"

Dan shakes his head, rolling his eyes and laughing silently.

"So that's a no I shouldn't sit on the floor and no I'm not annoying?" Connor asks hopefully.

"Connor, me and Dan would like you to sit on the floor because your swinging is distracting and annoying and I really need to understand this or else I'm screwed so please, please, please stop!" Phil says, starting to ramble, "just sit on the floor like a peasant."

"Dan and I," Connor says, reluctantly gathering his books and pens and moving them from Dan's desk to the carpeted floor.

"What?" Phil asks, confused.