chapter twenty six

// a bit shorter but I needed to end the chapter there for excitement :) //

***

Phil looks sideways at Dan, a wide smile on his face.

"Only fools fall for you, only fools fall! Only fools do what I-" Connor is singing, dancing around Dan's bedroom while he and Phil sit beside each other on Dan's bed.

He freezes when the door opens, revealing an amused Troye standing at the door, which makes Connor blush madly, Troye smirk and Dan and Phil collapse into laughter.

"Uh... Hi," Connor stammers, his cheeks turning even more pink with embarrassment.

"Hello," Troye says with a smile, "don't worry, I thought your singing was adorable."

Connor opens his mouth to say something, but finds himself lost for words, which makes Troye laugh and mess up Connor's hair.

"You're so cute," Troye laughs before sitting in between Dan and Phil, putting his arms around them, "you're all cuties."

Well, there isn't really a gap between the two as their shoulders are touching, but he sits half on Dan's knee and half on Phil's.

"Hey! I'm not a cutie, I'm tough - like a lion," Phil says, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, one of those adorable cartoon lions," Troye says, "you can't pull off actual man eating lion."

"I could!" Phil insists, and Dan chuckles, reaching up and ruffling Phil's hair affectionately.

"Couldn't!"

"Could!"

"Are you two done flirting?" Connor asks teasingly, interrupting the two.

"Hey, I'm a taken man," Phil says, shoving Troye off and laying in Dan's lap, who rolls his eyes and smiles fondly down at Phil.

Connor smiles but can't help to feel a slight pang in his heart. He wishes he had someone who loved him as much as it was clear the two loved each other. He wants love like that.

"They're so cute," Troye says to him as he stands beside Connor while they look and Dan and Phil just smiling into each other's eyes.

"I know," Connor replies with a laugh, "I'm happy to see Dan happy finally though."

"Me too. I wasn't a great friend to him, but I want to make that up to him," Troye says, "I want to prove that I can be a good friend to him."

"Well, I've learnt to just be there for Dan when he needs you," Connor says, "that's all he needs from you. Just be able to tell when he really needs a friend."

"He's got Phil for that now," Troye laughs as they look at the two now kissing.

"Ah, well I can never be truly replaced," Connor jokes.

"Nah, I don't think you could," Troye says with a smile.

Connor blushes again, but manages to smile back at Troye without internally melting. Troye's phone rings, interrupting the moment.

"Sorry, it's Tyler," he says, smiling at Connor again before walking out of the room to answer the call.

Connor sighs. Who's Tyler? Probably his boyfriend. Connor walks over and sits on Dan's desk chair, looking from his best friend kissing his boyfriend to outside the room, where Troye is talking on the phone.

Why can't Troye love him like Phil and Dan love each other? That would make this thing a whole lot simpler, and easier.

[ #tronnor or #troyler???? ]