chapter twenty five

***

* the day before summer holidays *

Dan smiles as he walks into school, his hand in Phil's.

"I can't believe it's our last day! It's gone so quickly," Phil says to Dan, "and I can't believe that this time last year I didn't even know you!"

Dan smiles and leans over, kissing Phil on the cheek, letting him know that he's glad that he find in fact meet Phil. He can't imagine his life without him.

Dan tries to communicate with Phil through actions, and ninety five percent of the time, he understands what Dan means. However there is that five percent when he totally misunderstands what Dan was saying.

"Dan, why did you just kiss Phil's cheek?" A voice asks from behind them.

Dan freezes and Phil spins quickly around, but then Dan feels Phil relax beside him and laugh. Dan turns around and sees Louise laughing.

"Not funny Louise," Phil scowls, trying to sound serious but he keeps giggling, and Phil isn't really the serious type to begin with anyway.

Dan rolls his eyes but smiles. He does love Phil but he's not ready for the entire school to know and judge. He's still quite emotionally fragile. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't relieved to see it was just Louise.

"Are you two lovebirds excited for an entire romantic summer which you can spend lying in each other's arms and gazing into your souls?" Louise asks dramatically, stepping in between them and putting her arms around both their shoulders.

"Louise..." Phil groans, "you're worse than my mum."

"I am your mother Phillip," Louise says seriously, staring intensely at Phil.

There's a moment of silence before they both just crack up laughing, and Dan stands with them, smiling, wondering how he got to be friends with the weirdest but kindest, funniest, most amazing people ever.

"So Dan, what do you have first?" Phil asks, turning to him and smiling at him.

Dan mouths 'math' with a light laugh and Phil laughs at himself, face palming and rolling his eyes.

"I'm such an idiot, we have that class together!" Phil says, "oh my god, I need the holidays now! My brain is melting and disintegrating as we speak, it needs a break from school. I-"

"Phil stop rambling," Louise interrupts, laughing and turning to Dan, "how are you going to live with that all summer Dan?"

Dan laughs, pulling his phone out of his pocket and texting Louise and Phil in a group conversation.

Dan: because I'll shut him up with my kisses ;)

Louise: awwwwwwwwww

Phil: ;P

Louise: #relationshipgoals

Phil: you know it. Dan is perfect x

Dan: no, that's you x

Louise: just make out already, the sexual tension is killing me.

Phil: we're at school idiot.

Dan: six hours of no kisses :'(

Phil: but then six weeks of kisses ;)

"Ugh, stop it," Louise complains, looking over at them, "your cuteness is getting over the top now!"

"Only because I love him," Phil says, glancing over and subtly nudging Dan, who looks back and grins widely at him.