bonus chapter: before

This takes place BEFORE Dan and Phil met. I never said the bonus chapter would take place after the ending lol oops don't hate me ^_^

*this is the time period before dan moves to phil's school. he's at school with troye*

dan

"Hey Dan, apparently there's a new kid," Troye says, nudging his friend with his skinny elbow, "maybe we could befriend him!"

Dan nods and smiles, unaware of how those words would ruin and shatter life as he knows. He sends Troye a text.

Dan: just don't forget about lil old me okay?

"Oh Danny boy I would never," Troye says with a giggle, throwing his arms dramatically around the taller boy after reading the text.

Dan pushes Troye off him and rolls his eyes with a smile, mouthing idiot at him. Troye pokes out his tongue and falls into step beside Dan.

"Hey Dan, there he is," Troye says, nudging Dan and looking straight in front of them.

There, standing like a lost puppy in the hallway, is a short boy with almost white hair with a bit of pastel blue in the small quiff. He looks over at Dan and Troye and gives a confident smile.

"Hiya! I'm Tyler," he says, "oh that rhymed!"

Troye laughs and Dan just stands there, smiling.

"Hi, I'm Troye and this is Dan," Troye says, introducing them both.

"Hi Troye and Dan," Tyler says with a bright smile at both of them, but Dan doesn't notice his gaze hang on Troye for a moment longer.

Dan waves in response.

"Dan uh, Dan can't speak," Troye explains.

"Oh, okay, I thought you hated me!" Tyler says.

Dan shakes his head and gives the boy a smile. Troye flings an arm back around Dan, facing Tyler.

"Welcome to the club Tyler," Troye says.

And that's when it all began.

From that point, everything begins to go downhill for Dan.

At first, he doesn't notice how Troye and Tyler forget he's there sometimes, he doesn't notice how they whisper together in class, how they crack jokes to each other...

Dan just lets it pass because he knows that Troye would like doing those things since he could never with Dan.

But then Dan did start to take notice.

He started to notice how Troye and Tyler hung out a lot without him, he noticed that they forgot about him more and more, he noticed how Troye stopped texting him, how he never made an effort with Dan anymore...

The worst part is, Dan blames himself. People are so much better when they can actually speak. People with no voice have no use in this world; he's trapped inside himself.

Dan keeps going. He tries to stop noticing that his only friendship is slowly slipping through his fingers like smoke, he tries to stop thinking about the voice he'll never have.

But soon enough, it becomes too much for Dan. He reaches a point where he cannot stand to silently watch his life and himself crumble simultaneously. He needs to escape, he needs a new start.

He needs to leave, so Troye and Tyler won't have the burden of him hanging around anymore. That's what he feels like; a mute, useless, stupid waste of space.

That night, Dan texts his mother while he sits opposite her in the living room. It takes him a while, but soon enough he gathers the courage to press send.

Dan: can we leave? i can't stand being here anymore, i'm sorry.

When Dan moved away, he feels almost empty. He feels like all the hope has left him, but he doesn't blame Troye and Tyler for this. He blames himself entirely. He believes his future will be like this; him hanging back simply because he has no voice. He can't remind people he still exists.

As Dan leaves his old life behind, he finds himself not looking forward to what is ahead of him,

But then again, he doesn't know that a certain individual named Phil Lester is ahead of him.

Because if he did, then he would definitely be looking forward to the future.

**************

hEy It'S ThE BoNuS ChApTeR FinALly!¡!¡

sorry it's short and took me so long... it just basically explains in greater detail what happened w troye woop.

sorry it was terrible, I'll probably end up deleting it later ugh.

^_^