epilogue

// here we are, the epilogue. I just wanted to say thank you so much for reading this book. It was my first ever phan book, and I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I loved writing it xx //

***

*new years eve*

Dan thinks back on all that's happened to him this past year.

His father returned only to force his smile apart. After realising his father was abusive (again) his mother took them away. They were happy, until he lost her as well. He and Quinn moved in with Phil then, and everything has been going up for Dan since then.

He may never get his voice back, and curse that he doesn't have one frequently, but he's the happiest he's ever been.

It's true, things get better as you grow up. But it also gets better when you surround yourself with the right people.

"Hey Dan!" Phil yells over the loud music of the New Year's Eve party at Joe's house, "it's ten minutes until the new year!"

Dan smiles, nodding at Phil, who's black hair is flopped in his eyes instead of its usual neat fringe. With a blue button up shirt on and black jeans, Phil looks hot.

"Come on, I want to show you something before the year runs out," Phil says, taking Dan by the wrist and tugging him up the stairs.

They stop at a window, which Phil opens.

"Follow me," Phil says and climbs out the window. Dan follows after Phil disappears. He leans out to see Phil has climbed up onto the roof.

"Come on Dan!" Phil says, "use the tree to get up."

Dan curses inwardly. What was it with people getting him to climb trees?

Dan steps out onto the tree branch. He stretches out to reach for the one above when he looses his footing and falls. Phil yells as Dan falls. Dan hits the ground with a thud and dies.

the end.•

Kidding!!! ignore that last paragraph lol.

Dan eventually hauls himself up onto the roof and is relieved to find that the roof is mostly flat. He climbs over and sits on the very top, where there is a large flat section.

"The stars look pretty tonight," Phil comments, gazing up into the star lit sky.

Dan nods, agreeing to Phil's statement. He can't wait for the new year to start, because then he can just let go of everything bad that happened during this year and just start fresh again.

"I think it should be the new year soon," Phil comments, taking Dan's hand and shuffling closer to him, "will I get a New Years kiss?"

Dan nods, smiling fondly at Phil. He's so glad for Phil, he can't imagine life without him now.

"Ten!" Everyone from below starts counting down.

Dan looks over and smiles at Phil.

"Five."

"Four!"

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One," Phil whispers before leaning forward and pressing his lips to Dan's.

Dan feels his eyes flutter shut and heart beat loudly. His skin tingles where Phil touches it, and he can only think about how in love with Phil he is.

"I love you Dan Howell," Phil says, pulling away from Dan and just smiling at him, their foreheads pressed together.

Dan smiles, swallowing before trying to find his voice for the millionth time in his life. He looks into Phil's deep blue eyes, filled with love for him and opens his mouth.

"I love you too."

The End.